Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Can any one with the airbags in the rear for towing confirm these are the current ones? (I know it says for JT..but I don't exactly trust amazon for vehicle fitment stuff) Just want to be sure before I buy.

Also...maybe a picture of them in all the time. Sorta curious what it looks like...i wish the bags were black :-/

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z45CDR...olid=13IP3F1L3HWT5&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

and this airpump

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L9WSTE...olid=13IP3F1L3HWT5&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Thanks!
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
If you have a lift, then it has been suggested to get the bags for the Ram.

Other than that, the bags on Airlift's page for the Gladiator fits all trim levels.

No, I don't have them yet, yes I've been reading everything I can about them.

OP
OP
Gren71

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
If you have a lift, then it has been suggested to get the bags for the Ram.

Other than that, the bags on Airlift's page for the Gladiator fits all trim levels.

No, I don't have them yet, yes I've been reading everything I can about them.
Thanks!

I ordered the kit off cj pony parts site last night. $88 shipped, not bad at all.

OP
OP
Gren71

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.airliftcompany.com/shop/60830/

Looks like the same part number. I would call Air Lift and ask them. Since you didn't state if your truck is max tow or not. Different springs, might require different bags.
Thanks! I do have a lift, the iron rock off road spacer kit. So the bags that work for stock suspension will work for me.

Now all i need is to find a reliable air pump for the truck that can fill the bags

Sponsored

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
I've had the 1000 bags on both of my Ram's. Excellent bags.

You don't need a big pump. I use a bike pump to inflate them. You're going to want to run them at 5-10 PSI unloaded anyways, and they don't hold a lot of air. 35 PSI max. Literally takes me like a minute to pump them up. Couple pumps each and they're up to 30 PSI. And didn't feel any difference between 30 and 35, so I only take them to 30.

OP
OP
Gren71

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I've had the 1000 bags on both of my Ram's. Excellent bags.

You don't need a big pump. I use a bike pump to inflate them. You're going to want to run them at 5-10 PSI unloaded anyways, and they don't hold a lot of air. 35 PSI max. Literally takes me like a minute to pump them up. Couple pumps each and they're up to 30 PSI. And didn't feel any difference between 30 and 35, so I only take them to 30.
wow really? as in a traditional hand bike pump? that's wild

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wow really? as in a traditional hand bike pump? that's wild
Yeah. These bags don't hold a lot of air. You don't need a powered pump to air them up. They're not like traditional bags that are holding weight. All they do is apply pressure outward to the springs to add additional load capacity, basically.

OP
OP
Gren71

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah. These bags don't hold a lot of air. You don't need a powered pump to air them up. They're not like traditional bags that are holding weight. All they do is apply pressure outward to the springs to add additional load capacity, basically.
Very good to know

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Im also looking at air bags, but mainly because I want to get rid of the bounce I feel in the ride of my 2021 gladiator. The rear is just too soft and flowy over those dips in the road. I've had 2 sets of air bags in my 2 previous vehicles and loved them.

You know, ... if I had experienced this amount of bounce in the rear with any other vehicle, Id say the shocks, leafs or springs were shot. I did not expect this right off the show room floor. I'm also up here in Canada and Ive heard from 4Wheel Parts and JBS that FOX shocks are made in Arizona and are not made for our cold winters and the FOX valves dont work properly here in our cold climate.

Can anyone comment on the ride difference they felt after installing airbags on their Gladiator. Thanks!

Sponsored

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im also looking at air bags, but mainly because I want to get rid of the bounce I feel in the ride of my 2021 gladiator. The rear is just too soft and flowy over those dips in the road. I've had 2 sets of air bags in my 2 previous vehicles and loved them.

You know, ... if I had experienced this amount of bounce in the rear with any other vehicle, Id say the shocks, leafs or springs were shot. I did not expect this right off the show room floor. I'm also up here in Canada and Ive heard from 4Wheel Parts and JBS that FOX shocks are made in Arizona and are not made for our cold winters and the FOX valves dont work properly here in our cold climate.

Can anyone comment on the ride difference they felt after installing airbags on their Gladiator. Thanks!
You control how rigid you want the rear to be with the Air Lift 1000's. On my Ram I run them at 5-10 PSI unloaded, which is barely noticeable. When I'm towing my 27' 8300# travel trailer I run them at 30 PSI. If I didn't have the bag the ass end would bounce up and down over every bump. With the bags it's nice and solid.

I might just get them for the Gladiator as well. Towing my bass boat with the Gladiator I felt a lot more bounce than I'd like to.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
I prefer fun bags ;)

Yeah, I'll have to wait until after my maiden voyage with my trailer in a couple of weeks to see if I want (or need) to partake in this particular endeavor.

I remember as a young teen in the mid-late 70's, we'd go to my Grandmother's in Wildwood, NJ with the trailer. Delsea Drive (Rt. 47) was whoop-de-whoop for the last 20 miles or so. Dad was towing a 22' Terry twin axle on a '74 Chevy Suburban and it was VERY bouncy, and I know we didn't have a WDH but, did have sway control. I loved it, my older sister got car sick every time (which is why I loved it even more :CWL: ).

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
I heard one concern for air bags from Northridge 4x4 and that is the bags don’t like to be stretched so if the gladiator needs to flex, the bags won’t want too

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I heard one concern for air bags from Northridge 4x4 and that is the bags don’t like to be stretched so if the gladiator needs to flex, the bags won’t want too

I wonder how much stretch they can handle. I just installed an AluCab canopy camper and need new coils and/or bags.

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder how much stretch they can handle. I just installed an AluCab canopy camper and need new coils and/or bags.
A lot, apparently. When I hook up my camper to my Ram I use the tongue jack on the camper to lift the rear of the truck in order to attach the spring bars on the WDH. I'll damn near have the rear tires of the truck off the ground. Been doing this for years with the bags. No issues yet.
Sponsored