First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020 Sport S
Occupation
Retired U.S Army
Hi, I'm new to the Jeep world and love it, I've a question regarding to the installation of ARB Lockers. Already have both ARB Lockers front and rear, installation kit, ARB Compressor already installed, my question is I've 33s tires in my JT Sport (AUTO) I have no problems with the Trans shifting highway shift to 8th gear no sweat. I'm not Re gearing so can I anticipate any changes on the backlash and lockers pre load settings?
Sponsored

Deleted member 30519

I'm running 38s on 3.73 gears with 6spd MT and I can't really justify spending all that money right now on new gears. I have a total of a 1hr 20 min commute round trip per day to work but it's all back curvy country roads mixed in with a little stop and go city driving towards the end so I never really come out of 3rd gear. I actually like how long 1st and second are now and I can stay in 2nd on a city arterial in 30mph zone. The pedal commander really woke it up as well.

Fawkes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Building engineer
$2200 here in Charleston, WV. That included Dana gears, diff covers, and installing my Mopar lift.

I have 35s, six speed manual and 4:88 gears now. I really like the way it drives.

I will have 37s in the near future, if I can figure out how to fit the spare tire in the current spot.
Did you get thicker diff covers? I saw a YouTube video where they switched out for beefier ones. I have a six-speed also so am very interested. Also. Mine is a sport so I have 3.73. I have a 2.5” RC lift with 305s. Roughly 34 1/4”. I was thinking 4:10. Would it be a crazy amount higher to go with 4.88?

Fawkes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Building engineer
Mine JTR goes in tomorrow to have 5.13s with master kits, RCV one piece axle shafts and the FAD deleted. I'm having it done by my local Jeep dealer who is very mod friendly and they sell modded jeeps regularly. Looking at about 1200 or so for install. Plus they assured me that my warranty won't be affected except for the non factory parts- gears, RCVs and such. I bought the gears and install kits on a Black friday sale for 800.00. So will be in the 2000 or so range.
Trying to learn, what is a master kit?

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Deleted member 28696

Looking to get my gladiator regeared after raising it 4" with 37s... any thought son what that should run me? My guy is saying $2800 total. Also, would I feel a difference? Is it worth it?

Thanks for your insight
Mine was about $1,000.00 for the parts plus labor @ $110 per hour. Had 5.13’s installed from 4.10s. Yes it’s needed with 4.10s you could tell the wheels were heavy with no pep off the line. You can tell it really struggled. With 5.13s it runs as good as stock maybe better. I think 4.88 puts it back to stock and mine are geared one deeper. I was thinking of installing a Magnuson supercharger before but after regearing it’s not necessary. I was down to 13 MPG now it’s back up to 15MPG & climbing with 37x20” wheels. Stock I was getting 15.8MPG with 33 x 17 at Altitude. I’ve had it back from the shop for less than a week after gearing. These are the things I noticed. It gets up & moves now no problem. I also did a 3 -3.5” lift at the same time. I have a 2021 JTR.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator SportS, manual, soft top, black
Here’s a good diagram to reference...
5031FAFE-670D-426B-9353-2F622579D9A6.jpeg
This is super helpful. I'm bumping up to 35s with my next set o rubber and have a MT. Bonus next year (this year was vegas, don't put it ALL on black) will go toward regear/rear locker and centerforce clutch. Will have enough left over for another trip to keep wifey happy. Not Vegas this time...

Fastwake

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
On a 8-speed, especially with factory 4.10 axle gears, it's completely unnecessary to regear. Some guys just have a hard time letting go of yester-year.

Fastwake

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
2020 Gladiator Sport S factory tow package (not max tow) 2” mopar lift Tires 12.50 x 35 Toyo tires. I have 373 gears and have no problem with acceleration. On the freeway is shifts into 8th at about 72-74 mph. I have contacted 3 popular shops about regearing to a 4.10 all 3 told me not to waste my time and money as it will only make a tiny bit of difference All 3 also said that towing 4600-4800 lbs would no Problem. At 70 years old I don’t need to be racing up the hills at 65 mph. Cruise at 55 mph. If I were to tow a trailer that was 6000 lbs.or more I would for sure go with a different ratio. But for freeway driving and towing a light 4200 lbs. trailer some of the time the 3.73s will do it.
s

Last edited:

Butze87

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Pepsi
$2200 here in Charleston, WV. That included Dana gears, diff covers, and installing my Mopar lift.

I have 35s, six speed manual and 4:88 gears now. I really like the way it drives.

I will have 37s in the near future, if I can figure out how to fit the spare tire in the current spot.
Does a spare 35 fit in the spare tire location? I haven’t pulled the trigger on bigger wheels yet for this very concern.

Sponsored

Deleted member 28696

Does a spare 35 fit in the spare tire location? I haven’t pulled the trigger on bigger wheels yet for this very concern.
Someone in the forum said that 37x17 would fit in the spare tire area but barely, depending on the brand. I have 37x20s & never even tried. I’ll probably use that area for an air horn / air pump. I’ll mount the spare in the back of the bed or maybe on top of a decked drawer system. You can mount the spare on the tailgate as well, part of a rear bumper system. I’ve seen some integrated bed rack mounts that are made for a large spare. If he’s correct & the 37x17s will fit, I’d think 35s would be no problem.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Yes a 35 fits. A 37 will also fit but it needs to be aired down a bit.

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
Not always. My 37” BFG KO2s fit fully aired. There’s a long forum thread on which 37s fit

Dave-in-RI

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.GrowMeaningful.com
Vehicle(s)
2010 Subaru Outback (trade-in for 4xe Gladiator)
Occupation
Nonprofit Organizational Development Consultant
2020 Gladiator Sport S factory tow package (not max tow) 2” mopar lift Tires 12.50 x 35 Toyo tires. I have 373 gears and have no problem with acceleration. On the freeway is shifts into 8th at about 72-74 mph. I have contacted 3 popular shops about regearing to a 4.10 all 3 told me not to waste my time and money as it will only make a tiny bit of difference All 3 also said that towing 4600-4800 lbs would no Problem. At 70 years old I don’t need to be racing up the hills at 65 mph. Cruise at 55 mph. If I were to tow a trailer that was 6000 lbs.or more I would for sure go with a different ratio. But for freeway driving and towing a light 4200 lbs. trailer some of the time the 3.73s will do it.
s
Zombie thread, I know, but having just read each post on these five pages, yours was the first one that had me (a soon to be owner trying to decide between trims with 3.73 or 4.10 with intent to do mopar lift and 35s) say “it might be okay the way you’ll use it, just try it first and worst case you can regear for less money than the Rubicon would cost you with its extra stuff I wouldn’t truly need etc” (since it would be lifted for aesthetics and clearance over rutted center hump fire roads, not break over or anything else). Unfortunately I also really want a body colored hard top for winter months, and that has me into the pricier trims anyway. Now I’m wondering if you can buy one from the dealer… (assuming not).

mbbq22

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Who did you wind up having do your re-gear? I’m in the Charlotte area as well. recommend them? @spartacus777
I'd be interested in this also since I just moved to the Charlotte area. Currently researching clutch replacement costs but regear coming soon when I bump up to 37s.
Sponsored