Cplay2air keeps randomly disconnecting.

Tackett1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT overland
Occupation
NP-C
I bought this product a few days ago and it’s never worked right. I can get 15 min out if it before it disconnects. It always seems to reconnect so I’m wondering if this is a setting or something.

im on her newest version and using an iPhoneX.

any suggestions?
Sponsored

Code 3

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTM
Do you have the CP2A box plugged into the center console USB or the USB on the dash?

I’ve seen similar issues when people are using the console USB.

OP
OP

Tackett1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT overland
Occupation
NP-C
Do you have the CP2A box plugged into the center console USB or the USB on the dash?

I’ve seen similar issues when people are using the console USB.
it’s in the center console….

that will suck if it has to be connected to the dash.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
The '21s shouldn't have the center console connection issues like the early-model '20s did. But to be sure, an easy test would be to use the dash connection for a while and see if it drops connection there too. If it still drops, then the port isn't the issue, but if it works perfectly fine, then you know.

Code 3

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTM
My buddy’s ‘21 Rubicon will only work using dash port… meanwhile my July 2019 built Mojave works fine in center console. Both have 8.4, go figure 🤔

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tackett1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT overland
Occupation
NP-C
My buddy’s ‘21 Rubicon will only work using dash port… meanwhile my July 2019 built Mojave works fine in center console. Both have 8.4, go figure 🤔
I’ll try it on the way home and report back.

if it does work, does anyone have any ideas how to hide it and keep the port open?

RaleighRubicon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting Grey Gladiator Rubicon
I have a newly built '21 and so far the Console USB still frequently drops the (Carplay) connection. I bought a USB A to C dongle this weekend to try and see if it helped. On my 20-min commute this morning, it still dropped once. I will try the USB C cord that came with my iPhone 12 and see if that eliminates the issue. Bummed because I really hate wires coming out of the dash.

OP
OP

Tackett1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT overland
Occupation
NP-C
I have a newly built '21 and so far the Console USB still frequently drops the (Carplay) connection. I bought a USB A to C dongle this weekend to try and see if it helped. On my 20-min commute this morning, it still dropped once. I will try the USB C cord that came with my iPhone 12 and see if that eliminates the issue. Bummed because I really hate wires coming out of the dash.
well that’s discouraging.

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
I had one in my ZR2. It was a constant battle to keep it working. When it worked, it was great, but the other... half the time or so it was failing to start, being variably laggy, and even completely crashing the infotainment system. Great idea, poor execution.

OP
OP

Tackett1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT overland
Occupation
NP-C
FYI I was able to go my whole commute with it plugged into the dash without disconnecting. So that’s the issue.

what’s the back of that media panel look like? Can you put a usb splitter behind it and hide the unit behind the dashboard? I hate that I have a black brick hanging out of the port now.
Sponsored