Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been curious myself if that actually works.

GotGladiator

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator MaxTow
I just ordered one. Hopefully I could find the time to test this weekend. Gonna be very busy with installation of tt cameras, reconfigure wdh (I just installed a longer shank), airlift airbags, and finally prepping for a week of camping!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Can't see how it could do all they say - if they go by the torque the transmission is seeing, how do you know it's not due to tire rolling resistance, a low tire, being on a hill - or like here - WIND.
How do they know if the torque required is due to the trailer weight or the wind on the front of the trailer or windshield? How can they measure tongue weight and give you a percentage? What if you put 300 pounds in the bed after hooking up - that'll drop the rear. How do they know how far the rear has settled? Is there a system in place they knows how the rear is situated - how badly it's sagging?
Drag can be due to many factors.
The way the truck sits (rear end droop for example) can be due to more than trailer tongue weight. How can they tell what the trailer weighs - drag? What if the brakes are dragging or the tires low or other factors?

I'd love to see real-life examples of using a CAT scale and a real tongue scale to compare to the results of one of these things.

GotGladiator

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator MaxTow
Well, it took almost 3 hours to install 2 travel trailer cameras! The airlift airbags came in late today so I was unable to even open the box. Ugh.
Hooked up the tt and decided to play with this new gadget of mine by Curt. Hmmmm, looks alright testing 4 things....the weight of the G, tongue wt without wdh, tongue weight with WDH, finally, the level with WDH.

Screenshot_20210822-191453_BetterWeigh.jpg

Screenshot_20210822-213156_BetterWeigh.jpg

Screenshot_20210822-221913_BetterWeigh.jpg

Screenshot_20210822-222454_BetterWeigh.jpg
Sponsored