Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Cool. Little bit of everything for me. I started an IT consulting company in ‘09, so lots of hats.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Josh00333

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Stock wheels, Tires are 64 each guessing 25 ea more than factory. Factory bumpers, Freedom come w the steel.

Did you get newer heavier wheels with the new tires? What are the tire weights? I have 1434 left on my Sport S Max Tow as delivered from the factory with all the options I could think of. I did not change out tires and wheels due to weight increase once I researched them. The only thing I have added is a 72 pound tonneau cover. Also You put Replaced + fog lights. Did you replace the bumper?

OP
OP
Josh00333

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Towing, you need to know the real weights when setting up your trailers; both for safety and to know what your actually getting/doing with pin weight and weight distribution, as well as what's left over for hauling in the truck.

No disrespect intended, but why? Just curiosity? Again, not trying to be an arse, just wondering why someone would weigh their non-commercial vehicle.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
No disrespect intended, but why? Just curiosity? Again, not trying to be an arse, just wondering why someone would weigh their non-commercial vehicle.
I tow my Jeep behind my motorhome, which has a specified maximum towing limit. I needed to stay under that limit. I even weighed the motorhome to make sure I was under the GCWR.

Kevin

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I’m impressed with how balanced the weight is front to rear.I r always thought my JT handled very well for a solid axle vehicle. I think the distribution is why.
I’ve been saying forever that’s the best unadvertised featured of the gladiator for a few years now.

I’m sure the weight distribution helps, but I think it’s more in traction. I love my gladiator, but my 2017 canyon all terrain handles like a sports car in comparison.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
For towing purposes is one reason. You need to figure out how much payload you have left so you can calculate what tongue weight you can handle after people, kids, upgrades, etc. Keeps someone from making a big trailer mistake. Also need it to calculate combined GCWR. Also can be used to see if you fit into being a “toad” behind some class C or A RVs as they are limited sometimes to 5K

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Looks like I win the Fat Boy award!! Mine is 6100 with me (205lbs) and a full tank of gas.
39's are heavy!! Winch, steel bumpers, JCR half rack, and AWE power steps.

JohnQ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MOJAVE, 2018 GC Trailhawk, 1989 Jeep Comanche
I need to go on a diet! This is with me and my two kiddos, plus some camping gear and tools. My Jeep is a 21 Mojave with a Clayton lift and 37s, Rubicon steel bumpers, sliders, BAK bed cover, and a Warn winch.
Jeep Gladiator Go scale your truck… IMG_7048.PNG
Jeep Gladiator Go scale your truck… IMG_7190.JPG