Curt Echo....DOA

WILL1E

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Bought a Curt Echo a week ago and went to use it this weekend only to find it appears to be DOA. I don't know if i'm missing something or what. All i did was fire up the app, stuck it into the Jeep when it told me to and hooked up the trailer to the echo. Nothing. Nadda.

Zero power was getting to the trailer. No lights on the trailer were coming on nor was the green light on the brake battery box. Second i removed the Echo and plugged the trailer back in the lights all worked. The app could never see or find the Echo.

Am I missing something? Anyone else ever have this happen?
Sponsored

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Sometimes my echo does not seat correctly in the 7 pin receiver in the truck. You will know when the blue LED on the echo lights up.

OP
OP
WILL1E

WILL1E

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I reseated it numerous times and no luck. I've requested a replacement, just surprised given Curt's reputation, most devices like that go through a decent QA process during production.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I reseated it numerous times and no luck. I've requested a replacement, just surprised given Curt's reputation, most devices like that go through a decent QA process during production.
Everybody thinks a quality escapement should happen to the next guy and not them but you are the "next guy" this go around. Mine is probably tomorrow.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
If you plug in your trailer, does it get power?

Sponsored

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
Nope, none at all.
So, you're saying that when you plug in your trailer (w/o the Curt adapter?) to the 7 pin socket there's no power to your trailer? Like no brake lights, running lights, turn signals?

Those at least should work, Curt adapter or no, plugged into your 7 pin socket.

If they don't, then the issue may be with your trailer and probably not the Curt adapter for the electronic brakes part of the program 🤔 🤔 🤔

Just my $0.02 ($0.03 Canadian).

OP
OP
WILL1E

WILL1E

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, without the Curt Echo my trailer works perfect (minus inability to use brakes obviously). But as soon as i plug the Echo in, nothing on my trailer works.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Sorry, without the Curt Echo my trailer works perfect (minus inability to use brakes obviously). But as soon as i plug the Echo in, nothing on my trailer works.
Gotcha. Then it's obviously the Curt unit that's shyte the bed even before you got a chance to play with it. I'd be contacting Curt and sending it back for a new one ASAP.

I see you're in Appleton, WI. I have a friend who also lives there. Dunno where but, that's where she lives :)

OP
OP
WILL1E

WILL1E

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! Appleton, Green Bay and the Fox Valley area is pretty small towns. Is he/she a Jeeper?

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Nice! Appleton, Green Bay and the Fox Valley area is pretty small towns. Is he/she a Jeeper?
No. She's an artist with her own Etsy site. Eclecticdawnarts

I actually had her do some commission work for me. My Wife is Ukrainian so I had Dawn paint four monkey pod bowls, two with the Ukrainian Crest inside and the other two with a 'waving' Ukrainian flag. Perfectly HAND drawn. We have two (one of each) here and the other two we sent as a gift to her parents in western Ukraine. They LOVED them!!!

She's extremely talented.

One of her projects was a tailgate for a Chevy SSR (or whatever that wanna be pick up was) and it was gorgeous. All hand drawn.

Her regular website is eclecticdawnarts.com with pics of her work.

Click on the 'portfolio' tab and there's a pic of that SSR tailgate.

Unfortunately the pics aren't on her website but, in the past she HAND airbrushed two motorcycles she owned. One in a Mermaid theme in blue (Honda Shadow 600 VLX) and, the other in a Pirate theme (Honda Shadow 1100 ACE Tourer in white) where the Pirate ship was sunken and each scene, you were looking out a porthole at various ocean themes. WICKED cool!!!

She's done other murals as well. She did a pre-school there in WI where each room had a nature scene, ALL hand painted. It took her a couple of months to do but, the pics of the end result were phenomenal!!!!
Sponsored