Sponsored

Damn...Cited for no doors and wide tires.

OP
OP
jeepdriva

jeepdriva

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
Yea
Yeah, what kpohanka said. Maryland law is doors off is OK but need at least one exterior mirror. Not sure about tires. I'm going down there next week, thanks for the heads up!
yea look out for a black unmarked Ford Explorer with two 20 year old cops in it pulling over 52 year old dads dropping little kids off at the beach at 11:30am.
Sponsored

JkJT84

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w Max Tow
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Because that should really be the focus of law enforcement currently. Unreal.
I agree, having been a Sheriffā€™s deputy and Police Officer for over a decade combined Iā€™ve learned that troopers are just Naziā€™s when it comes to traffic laws. Itā€™s all they do ā€:headbang:

EnzoA

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Land Rover Discovery
Vehicle Showcase
Yea

yea look out for a black unmarked Ford Explorer with two 20 year old cops in it pulling over 52 year old dads dropping little kids off at the beach at 11:30am.
ahahahha thanks for the heads-up - youngster trying to impress the boss with hitting quotas... likely.
How much was the ticket, if you dont mind me asking?

OP
OP
jeepdriva

jeepdriva

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
You donā€™t really get fined for these kind of things at least not the first time probably. You get repair orders. Issued a warning on doors if I put them on immediately, told would be fined next time if I didnā€™t and as Small as this place is, hell see me. The bigger issue was the repair order within 10 days because my tires Extend past my stock fenders. Not sure what I am going to do?

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Ocean City is a hotbed for police enforcing automotive issues. You probably won't see that issue anywhere else in the state.

Sponsored

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ā€˜17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ā€˜73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
You donā€™t really get fined for these kind of things at least not the first time probably. You get repair orders. Issued a warning on doors if I put them on immediately, told would be fined next time if I didnā€™t and as Small as this place is, hell see me. The bigger issue was the repair order within 10 days because my tires Extend past my stock fenders. Not sure what I am going to do?
Sorry for your troubles. Just FYI for all visiting PA. Apparently they donā€™t care about mirrors here. The statute where they get us IS the doors. Vehicle must be equipped as it left factory. Only exception was the Jeep (donā€™t remember designation) that came without doors (1960ā€™s). I was lucky to get a warning, first damn day I had them off too. I wasnā€™t aware it was written this way. Just thought it was a mirror issue. Iā€™m not sure if PA jeepers would get busted for half doors. Hopefully not. As far as tyres never had an issue with
My F150 here. They peeked out maybe
3/4ā€ beyond fender. Nothing outrageous. Live and learn. Read that a
petition in PA regarding relaxation of door law is being presented to Harrisburg. Funny as our Governor has a Jeep!

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Sorry for your troubles. Just FYI for all visiting PA. Apparently they donā€™t care about mirrors here. The statute where they get us IS the doors. Vehicle must be equipped as it left factory. Only exception was the Jeep (donā€™t remember designation) that came without doors (1960ā€™s). I was lucky to get a warning, first damn day I had them off too. I wasnā€™t aware it was written this way. Just thought it was a mirror issue. Iā€™m not sure if PA jeepers would get busted for half doors. Hopefully not. As far as tyres never had an issue with
My F150 here. They peeked out maybe
3/4ā€ beyond fender. Nothing outrageous. Live and learn. Read that a
petition in PA regarding relaxation of door law is being presented to Harrisburg. Funny as our Governor has a Jeep!
Wouldn't apply to those visiting PA from out of state. I mean, they COULD cite you and cause a headache, but I would easily beat it if charged.

OP
OP
jeepdriva

jeepdriva

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
How easy is it to register a car in another state. I see a lot of Montana plates at local cars and coffee.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Well I just got pulled
Over and a warning in Ocean City Maryland for no doors and given an inspection tickets for my method wheels Sticking out too far from my stock fender flares. Any suggestions as to what my options are to get through the fender issue. Donā€™t have another set of wheels. Who would have thought a beach would have cared. It was a state trooper.
Always heard Maryland were Nazi's about that. I love Jeeps so much it would make me move.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jeepdriva

jeepdriva

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
How easy is it to register a car in another state. I see a lot of Montana plates at local cars and coffee.
Never mind, just googled it. Letā€™s not open that can of worms. How
Do I extend my gladiator fenders!!

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
They cannot enforce those laws on out of state vehicles as that is protected by the interstate commerce act.
Same reason I can drive through Maryland with my big scary assault weapons as they call them without fear of getting arrested.
I would not count on that. All states enforce thier own gun laws on everyone.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Never mind, just googled it. Letā€™s not open that can of worms. How
Do I extend my gladiator fenders!!
Do you have factory tires and wheels by chance? Iā€™d swap them out for the inspection.

OP
OP
jeepdriva

jeepdriva

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
Do you have factory tires and wheels by chance? Iā€™d swap them out for the inspection.
Sold them unfort., have 37ā€ grapplers. May just buy a another set of 33s and some cheap rims. They are just so big to store. Even looking online all morning for a wide fender option but only see a set made by DV8 but the rears are only for JL.