First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Black Overland
Occupation
Footwear and Apparel Manufacturing & Production
Entirely different system from JK. Someone measured phantom load that can drain them plus new "smart" alternator charging system doesn't charge same way as others from some posts on JL. Mine was always at 14 volts while driving unless drove long stretch. With tender it is now 12.5 to 12.7.
Thanks for all the feedback. I feel more comfortable moving forward.
Which battery tender would you recommend ?
Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
They actually said domelight as well. The car was actually inside the showroom .
I can't speak to the other noted battery problems (I haven't had any issues yet), but I've purchased a showroom model before and the battery was also dead. The showroom models are constantly being pinged for battery usage as customers sit in them, turn on lights, radio, etc.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi Everyone,

Need help here. I was supposed to have my new, financed Gladiator Overland today, and the dealer called and said the battery died. They say they are replacing it but should I accept this car? Or is this just a sign of problems to come? @JeepCares should I back out of this deal? I am supposed to sign upon delivery. How do I know the dealer is giving me 2 new batteries? Shouldn't they both be replaced? I just don't know what to do... As badly as I want my new Jeep, I certainly don't want a lemon. I was soooo close to having my new jeep and now this happens....

help.
Hi @DIGGABEAT
We certainly understand why this may seen concerning. While we are confident in your dealer and the vehicle's condition, please know that our team is always available for support in case you find yourself visiting your dealer in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us here via private message for any questions you may have.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Similar situation for me a couple of months ago - I found the Gladiator I wanted online and went to the dealer to give it a test drive and the battery was completely dead. They put on a battery booster while i was behind the wheel and someone had left on the dome light and that supposedly drained the battery. The dealer replaced both batteries the next morning and i came back for a test drive. I ended up taking it home and haven't had any issues since.

Did they give any indication to why it died?

@GladiatorPilot
We are happy to hear about your pleasant vehicle ownership experience! Please know that in the future, our team is always available for support if needed. We are just a private message away -

Kathryn
JeepCares

Rubicon Bob

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Rubi, 17 Grand Cherokee, 2020 GCM LE Gladiator
The truck never truly shuts off. After truck is off for a little while, go out and touch the door handle without having the key fob with you. The dash will light up, including the radio screen. I have not had a battery issue. But my LE rarely is parked for more than 2 days.

10ecHarry

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT sport s
Occupation
Plumber
My new original main battery was bad at a few hundred miles... Now the replacement battery is dead..Just over 3000 miles. Sat in garage for about a week. thinking about just going and buying me a new battery at my local battery store. Sucks.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
My new original main battery was bad at a few hundred miles... Now the replacement battery is dead..Just over 3000 miles. Sat in garage for about a week. thinking about just going and buying me a new battery at my local battery store. Sucks.
We understand how frustrated you must be! If you return to the dealer for this, please loop us in through private messages. We would be happy to provide an additional layer of support while in service if needed.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Sounds like you're JT is drawing power while it's turned off. Of course there's always a little power draw / battery fade, but this smells of something more. I'd take it into the dealer...

Sew

First Name
Sandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator overland
Ok guys I need some help here. I have had my gladiator for two years and love it . Only one problem lately every time I leave it sitting not driven for a couple of days the battery is dead. I have been to the dealership twice they changed out the axillary battery but then three weeks later it happened again. They won't change our the second battery because they state it has to fail before fiat Chrysler will pay for it under warranty. I need a reliable vehicle. The dealership states I don't drive it enough because I work 10 minutes from home. Really I believe that is garbage because your battery should not fail like that. I don't know what else to do any suggestions other trade it off for something more reliable which I really don't want to do.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
I use a Battery Tender, for AGM batteries. I don't drive a lot, so if its going to sit for a week or more, I hook it up to the Battery Tender. A year later and 3500 miles, no issues with the battery, or anything else on the truck!

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Ok guys I need some help here. I have had my gladiator for two years and love it . Only one problem lately every time I leave it sitting not driven for a couple of days the battery is dead. I have been to the dealership twice they changed out the axillary battery but then three weeks later it happened again. They won't change our the second battery because they state it has to fail before fiat Chrysler will pay for it under warranty. I need a reliable vehicle. The dealership states I don't drive it enough because I work 10 minutes from home. Really I believe that is garbage because your battery should not fail like that. I don't know what else to do any suggestions other trade it off for something more reliable which I really don't want to do.
I am betting they are not totally disconnecting the main large battery when they test it and the aux battery in parallel is giving it just enough juice to pass a battery test.

It will depend on how much you value your time? You could find another dealership and try them. Me personally, I would cut bait and just have the main battery replace on my dime rather than deal with that nonsense.

If you have the main battery replaced, just make sure it is a AGM style battery like the OEM one is.

Sew

First Name
Sandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator overland
Thank you Hoot bro. I appreciated the information. I think I need to get jeep involved and see if they can get the dealership on board or reimburse me for battery and installation. I will be calling the dealership this week.
Sponsored