Dealer installed TrailCam?

CJtoJTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Is there a video on how to do the install?
I didn’t find a how to video but the written instructions from z automotive were informative enough to complete the install. There are a couple videos out there explaining the set up of the tazer set up.
Sponsored

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
Thanks for the alternative options. The front trail camera was the only option I did not have and I was too impatient to wait back in May. The only thing I really like about OEM was being able to clean the lens on the fly. It will get dirty and hard to see on the trail and depending on weather. I wish that added tapping into the washer fluid as an option on the after market items.

CJtoJTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I didn't get as far as to installing the camera, Stopped here after installing the TaZer when I could not get the locker function to work. Any ideas?

No replies yet in the tech section and no reply yet from Z
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/tazer-mini-and-locker-control.26718/
You might try doing another full reboot. I had a few features that didn’t seem to work at first... after the third reboot, everything including the lockers in 4H seem to be working.

uplandgunner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
You might try doing another full reboot. I had a few features that didn’t seem to work at first... after the third reboot, everything including the lockers in 4H seem to be working.
I got them to work but needed to be at a dead stop to engage them. I was messaging with their rep and he says they need to rewrite the directions as it will not engage if you are doing less the 10mph.

Have you tried the lockers in 2H and 4H yet? Did it work coasting less the 10mph or did you need to be at a full stop?

Sponsored

CJtoJTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I was at a dead stop. I’ll have to try it a varying speeds.

CJtoJTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I got them to work but needed to be at a dead stop to engage them. I was messaging with their rep and he says they need to rewrite the directions as it will not engage if you are doing less the 10mph.

Have you tried the lockers in 2H and 4H yet? Did it work coasting less the 10mph or did you need to be at a full stop?
Tried to lock the wheels at varying speeds today with no luck. At a dead stop they will lock in 2H and 4H.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates on this? Would love to have OEM with the washer but might go Tazer/Zauto route.

Sponsored

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
I put the JL tazer camera in the front grill over the weekend (ordered over black Friday). I had to hit the top corners with a file for a few minutes and now it fits snuggly in the hole of the grill. Once the actual JT mount comes out, I will get it. The camera definition is not as good as the factory backup camera, but its better than paying $600 for something that's more of a novelty. I'll get a pic of it later.

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
Since its not the correct mount, it doesn't point down as much. Once I get the correct mount, I will have to relocate my license plate and have the hoop in my view.

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0566 (1).jpg

OP
OP
jimbom

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
... better than paying $600 for something that's more of a novelty. I'll get a pic of it later.
Glad I ordered it as it ended up being free. Some recent Rubicon sold orders have found out after the fact that the trail cam cost is credited back on the Window Sticker. No clear reason why some got the credit while others did not. Picked up my truck today and the credit did actually happen.

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
Since its not the correct mount, it doesn't point down as much. Once I get the correct mount, I will have to relocate my license plate and have the hoop in my view.

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0566 (1).jpg

How was it wiring it up. Where did you go through the fire wall? How bad was it taking the dashboard apart?

I plan to do this but I'm a bit concerned about taking the dash apart.
Sponsored