Dealership advertising on your Jeep.

SnazzGlad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Mine was brought in from another dealer so all they put on were the frames. Soon as I got home into the trash they went.

Clay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired LEO
I told the dealer I wanted $150.00 a month for advertising, or they could remove it before I left the lot. When I was ready to leave, the name had been removed.

Abnmarine

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland
Occupation
Retired
I had my dealership remove them when they were prepping it.

Sponsored

Whatscooking

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Chorkee. 2004 Wrangler
Occupation
Retired
Gonna leave them on untill my free oil changes are done

cfowler55

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Auto shop owner / technician
The only thing my jeep had on it was dealer logo lic plate frame with the temp tag , easy enough to get rid of. The one that bugs me though is my dually. I had a ‘17and now a ‘20. both of them have large logo plates riveted to the mud flaps. I’ve thought about drilling the rivets and flipping them over.
Charlie

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
How many of us happily wear t-shirts emblazoned with (fill in the blank)? No, I do not care for dealer ads. I suspect part of the reason is for the dealer to spot a sale from another dealer. Some of our motorcycle shops use it to deny or slow down warranty work because the vehicle was not "their sale". Had a GF who bought a new Charger. 1984. She had to sign a document stating she would not remove any ads on the vehicle. Our relationship soured quickly.

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer decal was off within the first hour at home. I loathe the dealership my LE got assigned to. They were so blatantly greedy at every turn. They badged my truck against my original instruction. It was closing time due to all their jerking me around. When I asked for the badging to be removed, their response was that the prep guys had gone home. No harsh words were ever spoken, just lots of “no” and “I don’t need that” , oh, and “I see you entered a higher interest rate in my contract than what the letter from my lender states. Please correct that”.

Im happy to support businesses that treat me right by wearing their tee shirts and ball caps or such. I’m ashamed of having bought from these guys and tell everyone that asks to go somewhere else. No free advertising from me.

car dealers really need to change their ways. The online options for purchasing vehicles lets people avoid the sales/finance guys’ BS. Be better with your customer experience, adapt or die. Amazon started with books... imagine dealerships losing the sales, becoming just repair shops.

Sponsored

WillieMo

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2014 Wrangler JKU
Occupation
Self Employed
Always my first MOD is to remove any dealer advertising... when I bought my wrangler it came with a hideous tire cover with the dealer logo on it... I asked if they wanted to keep it and they said no so it went right into the trash at the dealer along with the license plate surround... the gladiator had a dealer sticker on the tailgate and it was crooked... it didn't make it to the next morning...

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
LOL, I remember when they were metal and riveted on :)

I just take them off if they put one on, no need in creating a scene of making a point of it, the guy making those decisions isn't going to be the guy you are dealing with. It's like complaining to a waitress about the decor, you're just annoying someone who is doing their job.

If removing a vinyl sticker or 3M badge is outside of your skill set, a Jeep is probably not for you.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
We are lucky how easy decals or license plate frames are to remove. In the past they used to drill holes in your new vehicle and rivet the dealer emblem on, really looked nice in time when the hole they drilled would rust out and rust traces would ooze down from the rivet hole.

Jeep Gladiator Dealership advertising on your Jeep. dealer-badge_sv1ambo20180202175430

Edit: @bgenlvtex, beat me to it

Yossarian

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Retired
No big deal, nothing to make an issue out of, I just drive home, remove it, and go on with my life.
Sponsored