Sponsored

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I own a 2020 so do you think I'll have to register for the extended warranty or it'll be applied across the board to the affected models/years?
Sponsored

tmcarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I had an early 2018 JLU Sport that had a violent "death-wobble". The dealership replaced 4 steering dampers, the last one fixed the problem (could they have done something else they didn't tell me? Possibly). It only happed when hitting uneven holes/expansion joints. However, even in the most violent wobble, I never felt I was loosing control of the vehicle. I could always slow down enough to where it would quit. I have 60k on my 2020 JT Max Tow and have never experienced wobble. Glad Jeep is attempting to resolve/compensate customers, even if it is just a token gesture.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I own a 2020 so do you think I'll have to register for the extended warranty or it'll be applied across the board to the affected models/years?
It will depend on what the final settlement ruling is.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Sponsored

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Yup all good… and DW will be right back after the cheap manufacturer’s new stabilizer quits working because it’s fighting a problem not related to the steering stabilizer. This is just to get out of a lawsuit… read a bandaid.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
First let me say that I am all for holding manufacturers accountable and also making sure folks using their products don't get hurt. That being said, I find it interesting in these types of legal actions that the real "winners" always seem to be the law firms who cash in due to the class action(s). They get the big chunk of money and the individual plaintiffs often see very little compensation in the end.
Ditto. That's why I always throw those mailers asking you to join in a class action lawsuit in the trash. Did it once and it wasn't worth my time filling it out. Sad commentary on our "justice" system.

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
This is just to get out of a lawsuit…
Anyone who is a member of the class should be able to opt-out and exclude themselves from the settlement. If you do so, you will retain your right to file suit, but you can't get any of the benefits from the settlement.

Ditto. That's why I always throw those mailers asking you to join in a class action lawsuit in the trash. Did it once and it wasn't worth my time filling it out. Sad commentary on our "justice" system.
That mailer states that you are part of the class, it is not asking you to join the class. Doing nothing means that you accept being part of the class and are bound by the result of the class action.

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
I love it... the plaintiffs get $4k each for their troubles. Everyone else gets an extended warranty or reimbursed for their $200 stabilizer they went out and bought on their own....

And the attorneys get $3.9M dollars
IO have been a part of several class action suite against ATT and Directv. Millions of dollars. The most i have ever gotten was like $250 for not being paid overtime when were we piece rate. I just got a check a few weeks ago for $100 for same thing by different lawsuit. Odd the way it works. I could have denied the payment got my own lawyer and filled the same lawsuite against them and probably gotten a lot more.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I was a member of a suit against Toshiba because of a laptop computer I had. It entitled me to $xx credit - and it wasn't worth any postage to reply one way or the other.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It would be nice if this applies to aftermarket stabilizers.
Ain't gonna happen because now you are modifying the vehicle and asking for a lot more than the agreed upon "fix". No settlement is going to agree to that.
You could put the most expensive piece on your truck that money can buy and claim you had to do it due to DW - when the fact is you just wanted it - because.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Odd the way it works. I could have denied the payment got my own lawyer and filled the same lawsuite against them and probably gotten a lot more.
Very unlikely. That's why there are classes - to prove it's not a one-off thing, that it's a bigger thing impacting many people. One person going in is going to be one person, more easily ignored, and less believable because you are one while others aren't saying "me too".
"Me too" gets a lot more traction, especially with a jury situation, but even with individual arbitrators or judges.
Strength in numbers - definitely applies in cases like this. It's not "you have a little problem that is impacting me" it's "you have a big problem that is affecting thousands of us".

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Ain't gonna happen because now you are modifying the vehicle and asking for a lot more than the agreed upon "fix". No settlement is going to agree to that.
You could put the most expensive piece on your truck that money can buy and claim you had to do it due to DW - when the fact is you just wanted it - because.
I wouldn't expect the full value of my stabilizer, there would obviously be a limit to reimbursement for the fix.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
I opted out of a class settlement on a refrigerator and took it up with the manufacturer directly. They issued me a pro-rated refund and an allowance for food spoilage. It wasn't easy, but I do think I got a fair deal, and probably better than the class got.

Years ago I had the opportunity to be part of a class settlement against Hyundai for them supposedly overstating the mpg on the Elantra.
It was, and still is a great little car, and my mpg was pretty close to what was advertised, so I didn't want anything to do with that one.
Sponsored