BRA-fukin-VO!!!
:clap:
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Cool. That is a Bucket List trip I want to do some day.

Dagny

First Name
Dagny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element, Honda Monkey, Kawasaki Vulcan S
Breaktrack,

This is only the second or third time I've logged on - and am doing so today just to thank you for sharing your journey and these FANTASTIC photos!

What camera are you using?

Wishing you safe travels and more fun adventure.

Dagny

:)

Thed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 MX-5 Miata, '01 Rodeo, '96 Ranger, '17 Ducati Supersport
Ho-ly-shit
upload_2019-8-13_19-28-50.png

Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Amazing, thanks for sharing.

Can you see the Russian bombers from Deadhorse? :)

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Oh, and if no one else will say it, I'm glad to see you made that journey with the windshield intact. Heck, I can't even say that about my motorcycle windscreen when I did it!

:clap:

MadManMoheenid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE & 1958 Chevy Apache
So, as some know, I’ve been driving my JT Rubicon since the day after I picked her up on June 17. Left the next morning on my road trip. Left from Montgomery, Texas.

Wound up weeks later here in Alaska. Camping at Fort Wainright just outside Fairbanks. Been here 6 days now, leaving for Anchorage / Seward in the morning. But that’s not what I’m writing about.

Saturday, the day before yesterday (Aug 10), I decided to get up early and drive up to the Arctic Circle and do the touristy thing and take a picture of the JT in front of the sign. Easy enough, right? So I did. I left here about 7 am and headed north. I got to the Arctic Circle, took my pictures, and a nice lady took one of me in front of the sign as well, and the only problem was, it was still pretty early, so I thought maybe I’d at least go on up and see the Yukon River and the bridge, not unreasonable, right?

So about 8 hours later I find myself pulling into Deadhorse / Prudoe Bay, and getting a room for the night at the Aurora Hotel....... I wound up going all the way. THAT was one hell of a drive!

Now the problem is, I still have my camp set up at Fort Wainright, so I had to drive all the way back the next day! I made it but I was so exhausted after driving all that in two days, then spending an hour at the car wash just trying to knock the heavy stuff off, I fell asleep so fast, and slept so long, that I had to push my departure to Anchorage by a day, lol.

All I can say is HOLY COW! What an experience! I’m going to try and get some photos up with this post, tell me what you think. Mileage will go over 12,000 tomorrow (11,857 currently).

Mac
Awesome!! I guess you broke her in. Did you do any scheduled servicing along the route (oil changes etc)? Any mechanical issues or anything come up, in those 12k miles?

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
If you come through the SF Bay Area, let me buy you lunch/dinner. Love your journey... more than a bit jealous TBH.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Breaktrack

Breaktrack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Breaktrack,

This is only the second or third time I've logged on - and am doing so today just to thank you for sharing your journey and these FANTASTIC photos!

What camera are you using?

Wishing you safe travels and more fun adventure.

Dagny

:)
That is nothing more than my iPhone XS Max, and hand held, lol. I like things simple.

Mac

OP
OP
Breaktrack

Breaktrack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Amazing, thanks for sharing.

Can you see the Russian bombers from Deadhorse? :)
Hahaha, it was really overcast and rainy, couldn’t really tell if they were Russian or not, lol.

Mac

OP
OP
Breaktrack

Breaktrack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Awesome!! I guess you broke her in. Did you do any scheduled servicing along the route (oil changes etc)? Any mechanical issues or anything come up, in those 12k miles?
Oil change and tire rotation every five thousand miles, whether it’s needed or not. First one was in Henderson, Nevada, at 5,000, then the second in Fairbanks, Alaska, at 10,000. Who knows where the next one will be.

Mac