First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
How does yours ride with the Decked installed? I have an LE with the Mopar lift kit and 37 inch KOs and it feels a little mushy in the back now. I haven’t measured it to see if it still sits level but it looks and feels close. I’ll probably leave mine out for most of the year so that I do not lose the bed space. I wanted it to be able to keep my “hunting supplies” dry and locked. Nothing sucks more than going on a hunting trip and having to keep your eyes on your Jeep constantly. Even a stop at Walmart for snacks takes an hour because one guy has to sit with the Jeep. I know a determined thief will still be able to steal the guns from the Decked but most of them wouldn’t think to look in the bed for guns, not to mention the scene they would cause trying to get it open with the tailgate locked.

OP
OP

TampaJLU

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2017 BMW M4 2017 Z06
How does yours ride with the Decked installed? I have an LE with the Mopar lift kit and 37 inch KOs and it feels a little mushy in the back now. I haven’t measured it to see if it still sits level but it looks and feels close. I’ll probably leave mine out for most of the year so that I do not lose the bed space. I wanted it to be able to keep my “hunting supplies” dry and locked. Nothing sucks more than going on a hunting trip and having to keep your eyes on your Jeep constantly. Even a stop at Walmart for snacks takes an hour because one guy has to sit with the Jeep. I know a determined thief will still be able to steal the guns from the Decked but most of them wouldn’t think to look in the bed for guns, not to mention the scene they would cause trying to get it open with the tailgate locked.
I think it rides a little less bouncy. I actually carried stuff on top of deck today and it was fine. The drawers are so smooth and open and close with almost one finger. You can install the lock's on each 1 of the drawers plus when you lock your Gladiator the tail gate is locked. It would take some serious effort to cut through the top of that system.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
And that is why it is in the bed of my truck. It can hold the long guns on one side and the electric decoys on the other.

theDECKEDguy

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
37's???? Lets see that bad boy.

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I don't really have many pictures of the bed but I was able to measure it last night to see if the front and rear are at the same level and with the Decked installed and the new #& inch KO2 spare installed the rear is about 1/8 inch lower than the front. That is not even perceptible just by looking. Not to mention that before hunting season is in full swing I will have the winch in the front so they'll probably be perfectly level then.

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist
I'm assuming that the Decked storage blocks the bed outlet, if you have that option?

Would be kinda cool to have a slightly shorter option so the outlet is accessible and have a short section of the bed at full depth (place gor gas cans, buckets, etc)

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
I'm assuming that the Decked storage blocks the bed outlet, if you have that option?

Would be kinda cool to have a slightly shorter option so the outlet is accessible and have a short section of the bed at full depth (place gor gas cans, buckets, etc)
You can use a short flat plug extension cord, but it has to be put in before the Decked is installed

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
After taking my first trip wit the Decked installed I can honestly say that it is 100% non-functional for family vacations. The drawers are too small to fit a suitcase so all I was able to carry inside the Decked was my toolkit, which did come in very handy when I found a three inch drywall screw in my left rear. We went to Gatlinburg, TN from the Nashville area and had to pull the enclosed trailer to carry our luggage since it does not fit inside the Decked. Outside of my previous comments about hunting season I am have a good bit of buyer's remorse on the Decked. If it were returnable at this point I would probably send it back and search for another solution for my guns in the winter. As it is now the Decked will sit in the corner of the garage so I can use the bed of my truck, I understand that all of our needs are different so if anyone wants it send me a message.

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist
After taking my first trip wit the Decked installed I can honestly say that it is 100% non-functional for family vacations. The drawers are too small to fit a suitcase so all I was able to carry inside the Decked was my toolkit, which did come in very handy when I found a three inch drywall screw in my left rear. We went to Gatlinburg, TN from the Nashville area and had to pull the enclosed trailer to carry our luggage since it does not fit inside the Decked. Outside of my previous comments about hunting season I am have a good bit of buyer's remorse on the Decked. If it were returnable at this point I would probably send it back and search for another solution for my guns in the winter. As it is now the Decked will sit in the corner of the garage so I can use the bed of my truck, I understand that all of our needs are different so if anyone wants it send me a message.
I was looking into this for my wife and myself twice yearly trips to FL, and maybe some overlanding. I figured a suitcase wouldn't fit, but how about a hiking bag (or 2) full of clothes? Or just clothes in bags in the bins?

Sponsored

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Thanks for your honest assessment. People don't provide enough of those. Have you considered a truck cap to go with your Decked? That has always seemed like an ideal (if pricey) solution to me.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
It would easily hold a small duffel bag or two in the big side. I have a big duffel bag that I got from Bass Pro that would not fit and had to ride in the trailer.

I have considered a topper for the Gladiator but then it seems more like an SUV than a pickup truck. I would still be in the spot of not wanting it mounted on the truck but for a few special occasions a year.

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
Seems like a tonneau cover with some good gun cases would be more practical, especially if they could be stood narrow side up (so 18" wide or less). As long as the tonneau cover doesn't unlatch without opening the tailgate, it should be as secure as the decked setup, plus you could lock the gun cases and even use a bike lock to the cargo hold downs in the bed so even if somebody got in the tonneau cover they would have a tough time getting them out. Maybe overkill... but better to be on the safe side imo.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I thought about that too. For it’s original purpose the Decked is a great solution. It is the family vacations that it is impractical. I may sell it or I may keep it. Yes I could use that money for something if I sold it but I would probably buy another gun or a bunch of electronic decoys that need to be secured in the Decked. It is so easy to remove and reinstall that it may be worth keeping it hanging from the garage ceiling all summer. I paid $1150 for the Decked and $1800 each for my and my son’s shotguns.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Ok I was a little harsh with my opinion of Decked until I got to know it a little better. It is still too small to work for my family if we travel BUT it is a near perfect solution for leaving the top off 24/7. When my Mopar cab cover came in I took my top off and stashed it in the enclosed trailer. Problem with that is I work in downtown Nashville and a Jeep sitting there with no top is going to be just too tempting for low character individuals to resist. The Decked is a perfect solution, throw anything of value in a drawer and hit the lock button on my remote to lock the tailgate and too bad thief not today. I will most likely pull it out once the weather turns cold and store it in the enclosed trailer so that my truck has a bed.
Sponsored