Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
My eco just flashed that same dash message tonight and now I have a CEL on the dash. I used my tazer to check for a code and it said there wasnt anything listed so I cleared CEL. It is about 14 F in NJ right now. I think I had the line freeze up or something. Curious if the light comes back tomorrow.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jwalt

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2021 Gladiator Diesel Rubicon) (2020 Gladiator Overland) (2004 TJ, 2" lift).
My eco just flashed that same dash message tonight and now I have a CEL on the dash. I used my tazer to check for a code and it said there wasnt anything listed so I cleared CEL. It is about 14 F in NJ right now. I think I had the line freeze up or something. Curious if the light comes back tomorrow.
If I remember correctly the manual states the DEF doesn't freeze until below zero (don't know if its true or not). I also inquired about the Def heat pumps. I was informed that they do not run off the battery when the vehicle is not running. There is one on the tank and one on the line to the engine. These only run and heat after the vehicle is running so on the chance you do freeze the DEF when not running, the engine senses the DEF pump is not pumping and puts the vehicle in limp mode. When mine did this it ran extremely rough and DEF needs serviced by dealer was on the dash. It was only after the code was repeatable that I took it to the dealer. If not covered by warranty the dealer quoted me $730 for the Def pump and $269 for installation labor.

Last edited:

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
If I remember correctly the manual states the DEF doesn't freeze until below zero (don't know if its true or not). I also inquired about the Def heat pumps. I was informed that they do not run off the battery when the vehicle is not running. There is one on the tank and one on the line to the engine. These only run and heat after the vehicle is running so on the chance you do freeze the DEF when not running, the engine senses the DEF pump is not pumping and puts the vehicle in limp mode. When mine did this it ran extremely rough and DEF needs serviced by dealer was on the dash. It was only after the code was repeatable that I took it to the dealer. If not covered by warranty the dealer quoted me $730 for the Def pump and $269 for installation labor.
Great information to know. Luckly, I cleared the code lastnight and went for a long drive today (outside temp is around 28F today) no codes appeared and the truck ran great. I bet I had a freeze issue lastnight since I was running short trips and it was right around 12 outside. I'm just glad the code is gone.
Sponsored