Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have the Diamondback switchback cover? If so, can you post some pics and thoughts on it? I like the ease of flipping the cover on itself to get more open bed space as opposed to how it lifts up (would have to take off the panel at the hinges to get the open height space).
My homie recently got one shortly after they came out. There's a thread on them already
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/diamondback-switchback-cover.70970/
Sponsored

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel 2012 Chevy Avalanche
Thanks Sarge. Guess I did not realize it was the Switchback (though it is in the title LOL). I had seen that thread, but had watched the video when I first bought the Gladiator and did not realize it was the Switchback (I think I would see the pics of yours in the middle of the thread and skip past it thinking it was an HD LOL).

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
The pick I used was a bit short, so for easier access use a pick that is as long as the rail is wide. You need to push in on one side then pull on the other to release each clip.
I also used a zip tie as a probe to help with locating the clips on the firat side… you can see in the pictures there is a barrier around the clips - knowing how they are oriented aides in getting the pick onto the clip.
I put the red strips on the shims so they stand out in the

6C857B30-0C98-4874-B168-7E64FA21AD23.jpeg
Selling my SE so I removed my bed caps one more time to remove the shims.
The pick was the game changer. Thanks for sharing.

DETOUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GLADIATOR MOJAVE
Switchback is unique in some categories. Easy to install/ easy instructions/ somewhat expensive but that’s due to the higher quality. Had issue with one of the clamps. They responded within 24 hours on sending new parts. I’m not an engineer but some minor changes should be a priority on that clamp.
For those with molle on either side: mine interfered with clamps. So a simple metal blade on a jig saw and a few minutes of file work changed the dynamics so the clamps would close properly. Molle is still very stable with the 2 bolts top/bottom at the rear. Overall great choice.
Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread IMG_2368
Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread IMG_2365
Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread IMG_2363
Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread IMG_2364
Sponsored