Sponsored

DiamondBack Covers | General Thread

freebird_78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Just ordered my outlet SE.

More because I really need it here and installed within the next 3 weeks. The outlet version shipped in 3 days (according to site) versus 11-14 for a standard one.

Hope the defect isn't too big of a deal. Kinda nervous.

pmh076

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
@DiamondBack Covers do you happen to install? I grew up in the area and still get back home to visit my parents frequently and would assume you'd install it better than i would.

OP
OP
DiamondBack Covers

DiamondBack Covers

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diamondbackcovers.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Heavy Duty Tonneau Covers
@DiamondBack Covers do you happen to install? I grew up in the area and still get back home to visit my parents frequently and would assume you'd install it better than i would.
@pmh076 Absolutely, we do! There are a few steps to get you in our system for this, however.

Feel free to shoot an email to [email protected] before placing your order and let them know you'd love to have an in-house installation and they can help you out.

Take care!

— Luke from DiamondBack

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT

More because I really need it here and installed within the next 3 weeks. The outlet version shipped in 3 days (according to site) versus 11-14 for a standard one.

The outlet versions are usually just minor blemishes. Though I have seen a few that were because of welds. They actually do a great job of describing and uploading photos of each specific blemish.

I got one as well. Also because the shipping time was much shorter.

Sponsored

usafidaho

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Military
I Love my Diamondback bed cover...with that the Chassis Unlimited Rack (Thorax) mounts right to the cleats for my overland camping and hunting options. I actually bought both heights and transfer between them depending on if I want to put my overland tent at cab height on the 12 inch or utilize the storage space under the 18 inch when I am duck hunting! here are pictures I took when I was transferring from one height to another so the front is 18 inch and back is 12 inch if you are debating which height to get for your diamondback cover.
Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread image0
Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread image1
Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread image2
Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread image3
Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread image4
Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread image5
Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread image0
Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread image1
Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread image2
Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread image3
Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread image4
Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread image5

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I Love my Diamondback bed cover...with that the Chassis Unlimited Rack (Thorax) mounts right to the cleats for my overland camping and hunting options. I actually bought both heights and transfer between them depending on if I want to put my overland tent at cab height on the 12 inch or utilize the storage space under the 18 inch when I am duck hunting! here are pictures I took when I was transferring from one height to another so the front is 18 inch and back is 12 inch if you are debating which height to get for your diamondback cover.
Very nice. I’ve actually had their website saved in my favorites for awhile. Must be nice to have both heights, hell I can’t even bring myself buy one. If you ever get rid of one let me know lol. Appreciate showing the height difference though cause I’ve visually wondered that. Took me long enough to get the DB so I almost hung up the idea of a rack on my rig. But if I ever do, that will most likely be the one.

The thing I like the most about these racks besides they actually work with the DB (considering there aren’t too many options for racks with DB, due to how most mount on the inside of the bed frame) is how they mount to the cleats. Most other ones that actually work with the DB it’s usually limited on opening the panels. With this one you open the panels fully (one at a time, which is fine by me).

My only question is on the smaller 12inch one, have you tried mounting anything typical like traction boards, rotopax? By the pics it almost looks as if there isn’t enough space before it would hit the bed rails and cleats in doing so. I kinda prefer the 12in but wonder about that since the 18in looks to be plenty of room. Just not sure if I want it that height.

Last edited:

freebird_78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD

Got it in and installed. Honestly, if they didn't tell me it was a "second", I would never have known. And I'm pretty OCD about things.

Only problem is that I got the clamps for non-rail truck, so my rails had to stay off. I hope they're willing to swap me.

All in all, very pleased and very impressed. Oh, and pulling the bed caps off was nowhere near as hard as some people made it out to be. Maybe 10 minutes for both sides.

JKJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave
Occupation
Seller of the suds.
So that’s the Thorax for the Tacoma? Edit. I was bass ackwards on their site. Found the JG rack. Interesting. I was looking at the Tacoma version last night vs the Yakima.
image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image5.jpeg
image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image5.jpeg

Last edited:

thart2009

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mohave
First time Jeep owner here. Just installed the Diamondback SE and some extra cleats this morning. Replacement bed rails are on backorder so I didn't attempt to take off the existing rails to install the shims. I'll do that when the rails come in and I have a back up set in case I muck it up. I went through the car wash after the install and only a very slight leak on each side where the shims would go. Really solid item and light speed shipping from Diamondback...
Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread DB1

Sponsored

thart2009

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mohave
Added the Diamondback x Yakima Overhead HD and Yakima SweetRoll kayak holder. This is on the lowest setting. I think when I'm ready to strap it down for a trip I'll raise it up an inch or two. Ready for spring...
Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread Dimaondback1

Last edited:

JKJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave
Occupation
Seller of the suds.
Added the Diamondback x Yakima Overhead HD and Yakima SweetRoll kayak holder. This is on the lowest setting. I think when I'm ready to strap it down for a trip I'll raise it up an inch or two. Ready for spring...
Did you order from Diamondback and which bar length did you choose. I’m leaning toward 68”. Thanks.

thart2009

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mohave
Did you order from Diamondback and which bar length did you choose. I’m leaning toward 68”. Thanks.
Yes, ordered the Diamondback x Yakima Overhead HD from Diamondback with the 60" bar length. I can get two boats up there without a problem. Lightspeed shipping from Diamondback BTW.

Reactions: JKJ

gpwrang33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ 2021 Hydro Blue JTSS MAX TOW
Don't drive out of the garage like that :fingerscrossed: