Diamondback covers with Molle bed panels

tgg27

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator , 2014 JK Unlimited Sahara
I am looking at getting the Diamondback SE cover for my Gladiator. I have the trail rails and would also like to add something like the Builtright bedside rack system or the JCR front and side bed MOLLE storage panels. I know that the JCR version mounts under the trail rails and the Builtright mounts in the trail rails. Has anybody used either of these with the Diamondback cover? I am wondering if there are any clearance issues or conflicts with the locking bars and the mounts for the side panels. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
I can't see how the JCR panels behind the rails could interfere at all.

I have the factory soft roll up cover and no effect wit the JCR panel mounted up front. As a matter of fact the JCR under rail mount is pretty transparent to anything and highly recommend. I chose the JCR because it did not mount inside the rails - which I think could be an issue for accessories.
Jeep Gladiator Diamondback covers with Molle bed panels t1

OP
OP

tgg27

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator , 2014 JK Unlimited Sahara
Thanks for you feedback. I emailed diamondback to make sure the locking bars fit into the rails rather than under them. I have not heard back yet. I am excited to get this all set up. My parts are all starting to arrive and I want to make sure I plan out the installs so I do not have to remove things multiple times to install everything I want.

LzyHkr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks for you feedback. I emailed diamondback to make sure the locking bars fit into the rails rather than under them. I have not heard back yet. I am excited to get this all set up. My parts are all starting to arrive and I want to make sure I plan out the installs so I do not have to remove things multiple times to install everything I want.
What MOLLE product did you end up going with and did it work with the DB cover?

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
What MOLLE product did you end up going with and did it work with the DB cover?
JCR works with DB just fine. Although the DB clamp bolts need to get tightened down with a wrench as opposed to a ratchet and socket since the socket slightly interferes with the panels when tightening. Wrench gets in there just fine. Of course thatā€™s with trail rails. But overall

B89871FF-C2B7-46A2-855B-CDBC95CC668A.jpeg

5EDEC515-37BA-4AC3-ABA7-2FEE8B8A93A7.jpeg

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
JCR works with DB just fine. Although the DB clamp bolts need to get tightened down with a wrench as opposed to a ratchet and socket since the socket slightly interferes with the panels when tightening. Wrench gets in there just fine. Of course thatā€™s with trail rails. But overall

Jeep Gladiator Diamondback covers with Molle bed panels 5EDEC515-37BA-4AC3-ABA7-2FEE8B8A93A7

Jeep Gladiator Diamondback covers with Molle bed panels 5EDEC515-37BA-4AC3-ABA7-2FEE8B8A93A7
Did you put the DB shims under the bed rails? Just curious- looks like the bed rail is compressed under the clamps.

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
Did you put the DB shims under the bed rails? Just curious- looks like the bed rail is compressed under the clamps.
Even with the shims installed on mine it over compressed the rail cap causing it to pull up from the rail and allowing water in. I tried loosening and tightening the clamps with no success. They don't seem to be made specifically for the Gladiator as the diamondback seal and mount plate do not make complete contact with the rail. I sent mine back.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I did install the shims. I just have the clamps down pretty snug. I could probably loosen them but Iā€™ve only had the cover since the beginning of the year so been trying to get it broke in first. Iā€™ve heard of ppl finding a loose clamp in their bed after vibration from driving a good amount. I havenā€™t.
Sponsored