Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Literally just dropped the other day. My dude already has one ordered and we've been discussing it's function a bit in the meantime.

I've got the DB HD myself and personally like it's function more than that of this new Switchback version for my personal usage anyways.

I wouldn't say it's necessarily better than the SE. it may be comparable as far as weight limits etc since the HD model holds more and has extra support bars under it, but they function different. This switchback flips twice and sits on the last third panel as opposed to the SE / HD versions that go up and hold at an angle on shocks. For some that use their bed a lot it may be a better option. However I want the security, weatherproof and the option to hold stuff on top since I rarely use my bed for things I'd need to take my DB off for.

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
Literally just dropped the other day. My dude already has one ordered and we've been discussing it's function a bit in the meantime.

I've got the DB HD myself and personally like it's function more than that of this new Switchback version for my personal usage anyways.

I wouldn't say it's necessarily better than the SE. it may be comparable as far as weight limits etc since the HD model holds more and has extra support bars under it, but they function different. This switchback flips twice and sits on the last third panel as opposed to the SE / HD versions that go up and hold at an angle on shocks. For some that use their bed a lot it may be a better option. However I want the security, weatherproof and the option to hold stuff on top since I rarely use my bed for things I'd need to take my DB off for.
Same "hauling" limit as the SE (400lbs), but they curiously mention it "supports" 900lbs. Whereas for the SE and HD they do not delineate between hauling and supporting weight.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Janga

Janga

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
diamondback Switchback cover , Order placed! Should receive in about 10-12 days. Pictures to come so stay tuned lol.

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
If this was available when I got my cover, i would have selected this to have better bed usage. Only issue might be is if you want to add tslot rails on top.

OP
OP
Janga

Janga

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
If this was available when I got my cover, i would have selected this to have better bed usage. Only issue might be is if you want to add tslot rails on top.
Yeah we’ll see about how rails can be added. Also the tie downs are built into one set of hinges and in the front by the cab so I’ll find out soon how well they will work.

jeeptrixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Did anyone receive theirs yet? Curious about opinions...

OP
OP
Janga

Janga

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Did anyone receive theirs yet? Curious about opinions...
I received the cover yesterday afternoon and I plan on installing it this afternoon after work. I’ll post pictures when I finish.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Janga

Janga

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Okay here it is, looks nice ! The tie downs on the end by the cab and the two on the hinges are not that great so more will need to be added in the future. All in all pretty easy to install and set the latches, the instructions are pretty straightforward and easy to follow.

IMG_5076.jpeg

IMG_5077.jpeg

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Looks cool, not sure how I'd actually use those tie downs though being so small and narrow.

FloTex2003

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
Looks
Okay here it is, looks nice ! The tie downs on the end by the cab and the two on the hinges are not that great so more will need to be added in the future. All in all pretty easy to install and set the latches, the instructions are pretty straightforward and easy to follow.

Jeep Gladiator Diamondback switchback bed cover ? IMG_5082

Jeep Gladiator Diamondback switchback bed cover ? IMG_5082

IMG_5076.jpeg

IMG_5077.jpeg

Looks awesome! How’s the room inside? Looks like it sits higher than the low profile style ones so you have a better vertical space. If you have time one day to measure it that would be great. I have a cooler that’s 17 1/8 inches and I’m curious if it would fit or not.

Also did you have to use shims on the bed rail like some of the other Diamondback models? Thanks!
Sponsored