First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
What?.........you don't want to be like one of those drivers in a 3rd world country that OVERLOAD their trucks?
Hell no.......towing with an under powered rig is bloody hell

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
No one should be towing 7700 pounds with a JT regardless of the engine. It ain't the engine, it's the TRUCK that isn't built for it and should never be put to such abuse (and it's dangerous for anyone on the road with them)
Engines don't determine towing ability, although they can limit it. Even with a 6.0 liter diesel engine, it would be stupid to tow that much with such a light small truck. Buy a truck made to tow.

Average-Joe

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport Altitude
Occupation
Manager
No way in hell I'd want to tow 7700lbs with a 285ftlb V6. Pass that crack, because it's wack.
It’s only 260lbft for the torque spec on the 3.6 pentastar - agreed. No way would I want to tow that much - 285 is the hp rating.

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It’s only 260lbft for the torque spec on the 3.6 pentastar - agreed. No way would I want to tow that much - 285 is the hp rating.
Good catch man.

Glad to see I'm not the only one

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
They may also kept the diesel for CAFE ratings.

What's funny. Chevy up graded their 3.0L diesel output. But dropped it from the Colorado.
wrong, they got a 2.8 diesel which is related to the early Jeep diesel

LWN Duramax Performance Specs
The 2.8L LWN Duramax engine isn’t a brand new engine. The 2.8L GM diesel engine has actually been around since 2011 and is built in GM’s Rayong, Thailand plant. It’s based on the VM Motori A428 engine. GM owned a significant portion of the Italian automaker before they sold their interests to FCA. Despite selling their shares, they retained the right to produce the 2.8L Diesel engine. Despite the design being around for a while, GM changed a lot of features on the 2.8L engine to meet North American Emissions standards, and improve performance. Some of those key engine specifications are listed below.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
wrong, they got a 2.8 diesel which is related to the early Jeep diesel

LWN Duramax Performance Specs
The 2.8L LWN Duramax engine isn’t a brand new engine. The 2.8L GM diesel engine has actually been around since 2011 and is built in GM’s Rayong, Thailand plant. It’s based on the VM Motori A428 engine. GM owned a significant portion of the Italian automaker before they sold their interests to FCA. Despite selling their shares, they retained the right to produce the 2.8L Diesel engine. Despite the design being around for a while, GM changed a lot of features on the 2.8L engine to meet North American Emissions standards, and improve performance. Some of those key engine specifications are listed below.
Not wrong.
Chevy dropped the diesel from the Colorado for 2023. They up dated the I6 3.0L diesel.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/08/gms-new-duramax-diesel-3-0l-lz0-engine-gets-more-power-torque/

The new GM turbocharged 3.0L I6 LZ0 diesel Duramax engine replaces the turbocharged 3.0L I6 LM2 diesel Duramax engine offered for the 2022 model year. The new engine is rated at 305 horsepower and 495 pound-feet of torque, a 10-percent increase in power and a 7.6-percent increase in torque compared to the 277 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque produced by the turbocharged 3.0L I6 LM2 diesel Duramax engine offered previously.

As for the hard bits, the new GM turbocharged 3.0L I6 LZ0 diesel Duramax engine features upgraded steel pistons and a revised combustion bowl, as well as a retuned turbocharger compressor, new fuel injectors, and improved temperature control as well.

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing
In theory that makes as much since as a poopy favored lollipop
I agree. 7700# is ridiculous. But, I also towed at/near/slightly over the 6k limit of jtrd and it was fine. The truck easily handled it, and I'm sure it would have been fucking horrible e in a gasser.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
and I'm sure it would have been fucking horrible e in a gasser.
Ah, facts vs. guessing or opinion.

And yet people here have hauled that much and more without issues with the gas engine. Diesel people, though, believe their choice is god, they are right and all others are wrong. It shows in every thread where the diesel gets compared to the gas engine.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I hope. I'd love to overheat faster.
Because overheating is what the diesel guys paid an extre $4000 USD for. LOL, love where your head is at...... spitting facts
Sponsored