Sponsored

Diesel Gladiator owners with upgraded gearing ONLY please...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep gladiator Overland Ecodiesel
Copied and paste from another forum I posted earlier.

For anyone thinking of regearing an ecodiesel on 37”s, DO IT.

For a couple months I was hesitant about it and couldn’t find a concrete answer in the forums. Only found about 2-3 people who have actually done it and their suggestions. Most are people saying that they don’t need a regear with 37”s and how they can tow almost anything. Anyways I bought my jeep a couple months ago and Immediatly lifted it 2.5inch with Clayton lift kit, 37s, banks tuner and their pedal monster, half rack and cargo container, etc. I’m a 26yr old Guy that loves going fast and was dissatisfied with the Jeep’s performance. Once I added the banks tuner and pedal monster it got better, but was still left with the desire for more. I tow a flat bed (14ft)and some (2-3) quads to and from the off-road park, and the first time I towed with it lifted I was so dissatisfied I decided to regear it. Going up some hills you could feel the engine was working too much and was a struggling to pick up speed. Anyways I went with 4.56 Dana Spicers and have just finished the breaking process, all I can say is it’s a night and day difference. The truck performs way better, from 0-about 40 it pulls extremely hard. I would even dare to say it pulls harder than the 5.7hemi, 5.6 titan ,5.3 vortec. Again this is in gear 1-4, anything above that the hemi would obviously beat it. I am totally happy with it now and will be keeping it for sure, I was thinking of trade it in before even though it only had 3,000miles. Regearing was my Hail Mary to keep this truck and it worked. Again I know people on the forums say they “think “ It doesn’t need a regear with 37” but I believe it is totally according to your driving style and preference. I would highly recommend a regear to anyone with a lifted ecodiesel dreaming of a better performance. I just finished the breaking process so don’t know to much about my MPG yet, however before it was around 16 in town. This is with rack, cargo container, 37”, and truck bed full of Milwaukee tools 🧰. I noticed during breaking it went up to 20.something, however I was going easier on the pedal to not damage the new gears. Rpms are obviously higher but not to bad. Before going 65 (Cali) it was around 1500, and now at 65 it is around 1950. Just want to help out anyone who is think of regearing to get more performance, do yourself a favor and do it.
Jeep Gladiator Diesel Gladiator owners with upgraded gearing ONLY please... 38583AF2-AF6D-49D2-8A59-5300D7343652
Sponsored