Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Will it ever happen? Do want.
Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Will it ever happen? Do want.

Well I don’t work for FCA nor do I own a crystal ball, but since you asked I am going to say nope, not happening. Sadly I feel the m/t is going the way of the dodo bird. That is part of why I am getting on my 3.6 even though I give up a lot of tow numbers, also sad.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
... Sadly I feel the m/t is going the way of the dodo bird...
Unfortunately I have to agree. There are transmission designs that could be made to work w/ the diesel, but development costs to get it into the JT (or Wrangler) are very likely to be too high for Jeep to consider it worth the cost. They are almost done phasing M/T's out of the big diesel trucks, stands to reason the same trend will apply to the smaller ones. I try to never say 'never' though ;)

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
They are almost done phasing M/T's out of the big diesel trucks, stands to reason the same trend will apply to the smaller ones.
M/T’s get worse gas mileage and have slower 0 to 60 times juxtaposed to A/T’s, and have significanltly higher maintenance costs, like expensive clutch replacements, etc. I never understand why ppl want this horse and buggy whip technology, other than being purely nostalgic.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
M/T’s get worse gas mileage and have slower 0 to 60 times juxtaposed to A/T’s, and have significanltly higher maintenance costs, like expensive clutch replacements, etc. I never understand why ppl want this horse and buggy whip technology, other than being purely nostalgic.
Because it is awesome!

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Jeep Wranglers and Gladiators should be kept nostalgic and simple.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
The simple fact is that the manual transmission cannot handle the torque of the Ecodiesel. At least that’s what Jeep says.
Sponsored