Dimensions and garage fitment

Ac ac ac ac

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non Jeep
So I measured my garage and it’s 224 inches from wall to garage.

I have the typical two car garage with a roll up garage door.

The Gladiator is listed as 218 inches long.

What are the odds that it will fit in my garage? Yes I have a 6 inch buffer but would that be cutting it close?

I hope the dimension is accurate from the front bumper to react bumper.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
If you measured correctly then it will fit. Not sure why a 3” delta of space (front and back) would concern you. The specs are typically correct for vehicle lengths so I’d measure the garage again and get sure about that. But inevitably you’ll find out the first time you go to park it. Hehe.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Mine will also be very close, honestly part of the reason I opted for the front camera. LOL never had a front camera before, but if might help me squeeze her in.

Last edited:

HydroRubi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thesonsoflibertyband.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Gladiator Rubicon, Indian Spingfield
Occupation
Musician, Producer
I didn't even think about the front camera as something to help me fit in the garage. So simple...and so genius.

GladiatorJT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Mine also has at most 5 inches of buffer room and I also ordered the front camera just for that, help me park in the garage. It’s a long mid size truck.

Sponsored

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
My garage is 23ft deep thankfully, but does anyone know about height with soft top??

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Mine will also be very close, honestly part of the reason I opted for the front camera. LOL never had a front camera before, but if might help me squeeze her in.
I can’t help but wonder: Does the truck have to be in four wheel drive so you can then use that front camera to pull into your garage? Does it work when the truck is in 2 wheel drive?

And when backing up does it have sensors on the rear bumper that go beep beep when you get close to a car or a wall of a garage?

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I can’t help but wonder: Does the truck have to be in four wheel drive so you can then use that front camera to pull into your garage? Does it work when the truck is in 2 wheel drive?

And when backing up does it have sensors on the rear bumper that go beep beep when you get close to a car or a wall of a garage?
The beeping sensors are part of a safety package. Good question on camera and 2wd.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Well if he gets the safety package then he can always back into his garage. Either that or he will have to pull forward in 4 wheel drive so he will then have camera assistance.

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ

Based on the manual. It appears that the camera is available in more than 4 low. It states at one point that the camera will auto shut off after exceeding 8mph. But also states that when in 4 low, the camera will not auto shut off, no matter what speed.

9C61468C-02D3-4BFE-B95C-6186BE75A17F.jpeg

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well if he gets the safety package then he can always back into his garage. Either that or he will have to pull forward in 4 wheel drive so he will then have camera assistance.
Could do the tennis ball trick my Grandma used, except she had 3 feet of clearance.

upload_2019-5-7_13-34-47.jpeg

Daddiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1998 Cherokee XJ, 2004 Crossfire, 2006 300 5.7
Occupation
Fabricator/Patternmaker
How’s about screwing a 2x4 into the floor where your tire should stop? Lol.