Sponsored

Do I need front driveshaft for EVO 2.5 lift?

Druidirvin

First Name
Irvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator rubicon ecodiesel
Occupation
RRT
Hey guys,

so I have a JTRD that I’m planning to lift and put some suspension goodies.
I purchased the EVO 2.5 lift but after some research done I’ll actually get a 3.5 lift overall.
I called Evo and asked them what heigh of shocks were they recommending for the 3.0 fox shocks. They told me the 3.5 to 4” inch lift from them.

on the fox webpage they recommend tohave an aftermarket driveshaft for the 3.5-4” shocks. Do you have have any feedback on this? Do I truly need the front driveshaft with this lift and shocks?

thank y’all any feedback will be greatly appreciated
Sponsored

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
I have their 4.5 kit which yielded 6 inches. No need for a shaft but I haven’t wheeled it yet, but I’ll need on eventually

glendawg1619

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Carpenter
Yes you need a drive shaft if your lifting over 3 inches unless your never gonna go offroad

OP
OP

Druidirvin

First Name
Irvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator rubicon ecodiesel
Occupation
RRT
Yes you need a drive shaft if your lifting over 3 inches unless your never gonna go offroad
I was holding into not getting the 3.0 fox shocks for that reason. But it would be the same for any other shock then. Since it is dependent on the lift and not in the shock. Thanks for the advice 👍🏻

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
It is shock dependent, too. Shocks will limit your down travel. If you ran factory shocks, you’d likely be fine with stock driveshaft.

woth longer shocks to match the greater lift height, you likely will need to get a drive shaft. Something other than the CV as the boot will give up the ghost.
Also possible clearance issues with the large diameter of the factory shaft and hitting crossmember at full droop?

Adam’s 1350 for the win!
Sponsored