Sponsored

Clayton or EVO 2.5 Diesel lift-- need help choosing...

PackMule

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SingGray JTRD, 2012 Dozer JK, 2014 GC
Occupation
InfoTech Retired
Good thread going here... a couple comments/questions on the above...

- Drop Brackets: @KurtP has a good writeup on this forum where he did a Clayton 3" lift AND AEV drop brackets on a Mojave...he did it because he prioritized on-road performance, while still maximizing off-road capability. So, if you want the Clayton springs/giro joints, but still want the perfect geometry of the drop brackets... buy them from AEV and add them to your Clayton setup.

- Everyone in the Diesel JT world is waiting for JT Diesel specific springs. Multiple threads on this forum that the stock springs/shocks are not stout enough, ESPECIALLY on the the diesels. I think it is down to Clayton and AEV as to who is going to come out with the First and/or Best setup for diesels. I've been an AEV guy in the past... D Harriton of AEV got a diesel JT back in December just before I did from the same dealer in Western Montana, and posted instagram pics (aevdave) of the AEV prototype 2 1/2" Diesel specific on his Diesel JT. But that was a couple months ago... and I've not seen/heard anything more... Conversely, Clayton has been very responsive to everyone on this forum as to their plans, and have very stout products in their own rite.

That being the case... and given that spring is already on us... I would not blame anyone for jumping on a Clayton 2 1/2" Diesel lift as soon as it was available, and possibly adding an AEV drop bracket later if desired.

... unless they knew more about what was going on at AEV than I do....
Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I've been debating on the same thing. But more so between Clayton and JKS love the JKS warranty and the certificate for Federal motor vehicle safety standards. I'm not sure if they have a diesel specific lift yet.
Jeep Gladiator Clayton or EVO 2.5 Diesel lift-- need help choosing... Screenshot_20210320-215149
Jeep Gladiator Clayton or EVO 2.5 Diesel lift-- need help choosing... Screenshot_20210320-215210
Jeep Gladiator Clayton or EVO 2.5 Diesel lift-- need help choosing... Screenshot_20210320-215149

OP
OP
aevgladitorrubi

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Good thread going here... a couple comments/questions on the above...

- Drop Brackets: @KurtP has a good writeup on this forum where he did a Clayton 3" lift AND AEV drop brackets on a Mojave...he did it because he prioritized on-road performance, while still maximizing off-road capability. So, if you want the Clayton springs/giro joints, but still want the perfect geometry of the drop brackets... buy them from AEV and add them to your Clayton setup.

- Everyone in the Diesel JT world is waiting for JT Diesel specific springs. Multiple threads on this forum that the stock springs/shocks are not stout enough, ESPECIALLY on the the diesels. I think it is down to Clayton and AEV as to who is going to come out with the First and/or Best setup for diesels. I've been an AEV guy in the past... D Harriton of AEV got a diesel JT back in December just before I did from the same dealer in Western Montana, and posted instagram pics (aevdave) of the AEV prototype 2 1/2" Diesel specific on his Diesel JT. But that was a couple months ago... and I've not seen/heard anything more... Conversely, Clayton has been very responsive to everyone on this forum as to their plans, and have very stout products in their own rite.

That being the case... and given that spring is already on us... I would not blame anyone for jumping on a Clayton 2 1/2" Diesel lift as soon as it was available, and possibly adding an AEV drop bracket later if desired.

... unless they knew more about what was going on at AEV than I do....
I've been a four-time AEV guy too-- I think that you are prob referring to the AEV geometry correction brackets, which effectively are the same as what the 2.5" Clayton Off-Road Overlamd plus both upper and lower, front and rear control arms... their springs are very stout via the spring rates...

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
I've been debating on the same thing. But more so between Clayton and JKS love the JKS warranty and the certificate for Federal motor vehicle safety standards. I'm not sure if they have a diesel specific lift yet.
stop spamming

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
stop spamming
Ummm. Not affiliated with any manufacturer. Actually just put my order in the other day on my JT Sport S Ecodiesel. Not spamming just my two cents. Sorry if I offended you. I'm just learning all I can about what I'm able to do with my new JT when it comes in. Isn't that what a forum is about? Being able to bounce ideas and learn?

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Ummm. Not affiliated with any manufacturer. Actually just put my order in the other day on my JT Sport S Ecodiesel. Not spamming just my two cents. Sorry if I offended you. I'm just learning all I can about what I'm able to do with my new JT when it comes in. Isn't that what a forum is about? Being able to bounce ideas and learn?
This is not spamming?

Federal motor vehicle safety standards. I'm not sure if they have a diesel specific lift yet.
screenshot_20210320-215149-png.png

screenshot_20210320-215210-png.png

screenshot_20210320-215149-png.png

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Control arms and drop brackets do similar but different things.

Control arms center the axle and adjust caster. Geometry correction brackets do some of this as pre-positioned intervals (usually 3) so you cannot fine tune your caster. What they do give you is great anti dive and braking stability. Thats why i paired the two together.

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Not your comments. There was a bunch of "ads" that got included after your comments for some reason.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Not your comments. There was a bunch of "ads" that got included after your comments for some reason.
I had put screen shots from their website showing the warranty and FVMSS. This is the reason they may have looked like "ads" they were not. Just putting up what I thought was important. Precisely why I'm waffling on what lift to go with. I don't see anything like that on the Clayton website. Again my apologies.

Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
The AEV geo brackets will reduce the angle of the control arms. This will smooth out the ride when you hit a bump. The arms being closer to parallel with the ground makes them want to transmit energy from a bumo6/dip in the road to an up and down motion. Steep angles want to transmit that energy back into the control arm mount rather than an up and down motion.

OP
OP
aevgladitorrubi

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
I had put screen shots from their website showing the warranty and FVMSS. This is the reason they may have looked like "ads" they were not. Just putting up what I thought was important. Precisely why I'm waffling on what lift to go with. I don't see anything like that on the Clayton website. Again my apologies.
I was the one that asked for the information-- I'm not offended by the information, thanks for all your feedback, it is appreciated...

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
All of our lift kits come with a Full Lifetime Warranty against bending or breaking! :like:

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation