Sponsored

Diesel owners with a Clayton Lift kit-- I need help...

QuickOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Any updates on This issue? Were you able to get it sorted out?

QuickOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
In another thread a few months ago, OP stated they resolved it. Original shop put the upper arms on the wrong sides, if I remember correctly. I believe OP is all good now.

Subsequently I installed the Clayton setup (with AEV springs) on my rig and love it. Performs well.

Sponsored

TNJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra
In another thread a few months ago, OP stated they resolved it. Original shop put the upper arms on the wrong sides, if I remember correctly. I believe OP is all good now.

Subsequently I installed the Clayton setup (with AEV springs) on my rig and love it. Performs well.
Thanks man! Pics?

OP
OP
aevgladitorrubi

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase

I believe I was the OP and yes, all is good. My setup is the Clayton Overland Plus kit (2.5" kit with 3.5" springs up from and Fox shocks). Also have AEV geometry correction brackets and adj Fox steering stabilizer.

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
Experienced a similar issue in the rear with my Willys diesel post lift. It felt like it took the suspension forever to regain composure after bumps, dips etc. It was side to side not a traditional out of balance jitter. I could see my rack w/ RTT twitch back and forth for a full 4 or 5 seconds after a bump at speed. Not much actual vibration, far more an intense sway back and forth. Upgraded my shocks and that helped reduce the amount of time it took to regain itself but what turned it from annoying, to unbelievably smooth, was shifting from a bead based balance to a full dynamic balance. My wheels aren’t aggressive from an offset or diameter standpoint, tires are 35x11.5. They both are manufactured by reputable companies. I figured balancing would be a non-issue. Now it’s nearly as smooth as my wife’s CX-9 on the highway.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Got a Clayton 2.5" Overland PLUS kit AND new Fox shocks for a 2021 JTR DIESEL and having some front end on-road ride quality problems that we (Clayton Off-road/my installer) are having a hard time identifying. For starters-- here's what I've got, 3.5" springs up front, 2.5" in rear and all running on 2-3 inch Fox Shocks...

Working with Clayton and Adam-- I've taken a lot of measurements. Shock pistons on front are at 6.5" of stretch. Upper control arm measurements are solid. Not sure what else to do. Alignment caster/camber numbers are within range but every time either front tire hits pothole or medium to large bump the front end of the Jeep reacts in an unsettled, side-to-side not solid feeling... I don't know how to explain it any different than that.

Not my first Jeep or lift-- this is number 5...

PREFERENCE ON INFO SPECIFICALLY FROM DIESEL OWNERS WITH CLAYTON LIFTS...
I have the 3.5" Clayton on a gas Gladiator. I find the stock Clayton specs a tad light on the Caster. Perfect measuring of their recommendation brought me in just at 6.0 of Caster... After a few months, I thought that more Caster would help my high speed ride. I lengthened the lower arms 1/2 turn and shortened the uppers 1/2 turn and I noticed much better high speed driving.

CDNGladiator

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Diesel Rubicon
Occupation
Health Care
What tires are you running and what PSI?
Sponsored