First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 3.0
Occupation
Cyber Security
And yes. One spring bows forwards, the other backwards.

I did a track bar. That solved my lateral bow.
Sponsored

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
My diesel lift included 2 black isolators.
they only fit on one way…

I am replacing mine with metal cloak next week to solve the spring bow.
The right front spring bowing is due to the lower isolator that came with the lift kit. I fixed it by rplaced with the old left side isolator.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
Do you photos of the isolators? Does your front right passenger spring bowing toward the rear?
I do not have photos, but I can get them tomorrow ( are you asking about the ones left in the crate or the ones on the vehicle ?) The ones on the vehicle seem to match each other, they are black and seem to be a soft rubber whereas the ones in the crate seemed hard plastic and one is gray and the other is black and if I remember designed different.

I don't really recall seeing any bowing, but I will check again tomorrow when getting pics of the isolators. I read a Mopar Service bulletin about the kit and outward slight bowing towards the the tire is normal.

Also, I found that the install instructions from April 10, 2019 is outdated(document K6863021), I'm waiting for Mopar Tech support to email the current revision, which has been revised a couple times.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
And yes. One spring bows forwards, the other backwards.

I did a track bar. That solved my lateral bow.
most likely if you played with them a bit, they would bow outward and match each other, but I don't think it really even matters as it is normal for them to bow.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
100% sure it's the diesel springs and also the isolators. Checked part numbers on everything, and had dealer verify.
The part # on the spring pictured is for the diesel. The dealer installed the 1147AA spring on my drivers side and the 1148AA on the passenger which is opposite of the April 10, 2019 installation guide, but if you notice the guide contradicts itself between left and right, supposedly, the updated instal manual has it the way mine is installed, but according to MTS, it doesn't matter because they are the same design and spring rate... so either way will work.

Sponsored

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I just installed mine over the weekend and the passenger spring bow just like your and still is. I installed the 148AA driver side and 147AA passenger side. Can't really tell from your photos but it appears you have it the same.

Does your height measures evenly left to right? Mine is 1/2" lower on driver side. Thanks
did you double check things ??? I wouldn't think one side should be lower, do you have both upper and lower isolators installed correctly. From my understanding, the springs can work on either side.... current installation manual I believe has the opposite of your install. 1147AA on the drivers side. I understand on the earlier models, there were isolator issues, you might want to check into that ??

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
The right front spring bowing is due to the lower isolator that came with the lift kit. I fixed it by rplaced with the old left side isolator.
could this be why it's uneven ?

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Yup. Torque uca, lca and track bar while the truck on ground. The old passenger side isolator was the same as the one came with the kit and i can tell that's what caused the bow toward the rear of the vehicle, driver side was different, but the springs looks good.
do you remember what was different about the isolators ?

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
do you remember what was different about the isolators ?
Pic with 2 yellow arrow is the original RF off of mine 2021 diesel (same as mopar lift kit) and LF with single arrow.

Notice where the coil indexing ended? The RF isolator is higher, which caused the spring to tilt/bow back toward rear of the truck, not toward the tire like it supposed to.

I corrected it by replacing the lift kit RF with the original LF isolator pad. Now both springs bowing a little toward the tires.

However, i think Jeep has updated to gray color RF isolator pad for MY22.

2E83C2A1-494E-4C1D-B0DE-B7580A422787.jpeg

32B58091-BC1B-48E3-A551-2ED38A53B222.jpeg

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Pic with 2 yellow arrow is the original RF off of mine 2021 diesel (same as mopar lift kit) and LF with single arrow.

Notice where the coil indexing ended? The RF isolator is higher, which caused the spring to tilt/bow back toward rear of the truck, not toward the tire like it supposed to.

I corrected it by replacing the lift kit RF with the original LF isolator pad. Now both springs bowing a little toward the tires.

However, i think Jeep has updated to gray color RF isolator pad for MY22.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar 2" diesel lift kit install help 32B58091-BC1B-48E3-A551-2ED38A53B222

Jeep Gladiator Mopar 2" diesel lift kit install help 32B58091-BC1B-48E3-A551-2ED38A53B222
here are the pics.... looking at the part#s the gray one appears to oem to the vehicle and the black one is from the kit.. I need to see if I can check the part numbers on the ones installed. I'm still curious why they are designed different, You can see a difference near the face to the left of the part# and also, the gray one has "lips" or "upward edges" where the spring seats and the black one does not.

20211230_215737.jpg

20211230_215940.jpg

20211230_220025.jpg

Sponsored

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
Both of your Isolators are same as mine factory p/n, it's just gray instead of black.

If your RF spring are bowing toward the rear, replacing it with the gray one will fix it.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Both of your Isolators are same as mine factory p/n, it's just gray instead of black.

If your RF spring are bowing toward the rear, replacing it with the gray one will fix it.
I think I got it all figured out now..... 2022 (at least some of them, can't confirm all) come stock with a black isolator(RF) and a gray one(LF)... They replaced the gray one with one from the kit... and the black OEM matches the Lift kit part#, so no need to replace... leaving me with two different colors and one being oem and other having the kit part#..... so far all seems fine, so not going to worry about it.... Got bigger fish to fry.. like finding a decent replacement pair of rock slide bars... one with an edge or step... hell I can't hardly get in it on 33's with the lift and soon will be adding 37's and a bedliner(spray in wasn't available to order on the diesel at the time... bummer it seems it is now.. neither was the headliner, but is now.. go figure).

OP
OP
CreepyJeepy

CreepyJeepy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 3.0
Occupation
Cyber Security