Sponsored

Do Key Fobs Recall Seat/Mirror Positions?

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
My wife has a Grand Cherokee and each key fob (hers and mine) can be programmed to set the seats and mirrors up when that fob is used to unlock and start the Jeep. Is there a similar option on the Rubicon Gladiator? It makes it so much easier when we both drive each vehicle on and off. My old car didn't have that, and every time I drove it after my wife had driven it I had to fiddle with the seats and mirrors to get it right for me. Luckily she hated driving it so it wasn't too often.
Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
My wife has a Grand Cherokee and each key fob (hers and mine) can be programmed to set the seats and mirrors up when that fob is used to unlock and start the Jeep. Is there a similar option on the Rubicon Gladiator? It makes it so much easier when we both drive each vehicle on and off. My old car didn't have that, and every time I drove it after my wife had driven it I had to fiddle with the seats and mirrors to get it right for me. Luckily she hated driving it so it wasn't too often.
Hate to break the news, Gladiators don't have power seats.

OP
OP
Squelch

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Hate to break the news, Gladiators don't have power seats.
Huh, ok. For some reason I thought they did. I've been comparing the Gladiator with the Tacoma and I guess I got confused between which had what.

Do the key fobs remember radio settings? They do in the GC.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
To my knowledge the fobs do not have any memory settings. My wife drives the Gladiator frequently with her key, and I consistently have to adjust the seat (no power seat regardless), radio, etc.

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
If you buy a Gladiator, just be prepared to take a technological step backwards in terms of some things (power seats, for example), but it’s still a pretty fun way to go.

Once I got my seat adjusted to exactly where I liked it, I used a silver paint pen to put a tiny dot on the seat rails on the floor so I would always know how to get them back if someone happened to move them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Squelch

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
If you buy a Gladiator, just be prepared to take a technological step backwards in terms of some things (power seats, for example), but it’s still a pretty fun way to go.

Once I got my seat adjusted to exactly where I liked it, I used a silver paint pen to put a tiny dot on the seat rails on the floor so I would always know how to get them back if someone happened to move them.
That's a good idea with the paint pen. Thanks!

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just so you know the reason they don't have power seats... Therefore m memory, is because they are trying to meet a certain fording depth. Electronic seats would severely limit that

OP
OP
Squelch

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Just so you know the reason they don't have power seats... Therefore m memory, is because they are trying to meet a certain fording depth. Electronic seats would severely limit that
Interesting! That makes perfect sense.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
OP
OP
Squelch

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Yet heated seats is an option. Splain that one.
Maybe it's the same kind of heating system that I have in my Gerbing motorcycle gloves and vest that are heated and can still work even when I ride in rain or snow. My heated Gerbing stuff gets pretty wet sometimes and still does just fine.

Sponsored

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
Yet heated seats is an option. Splain that one.
The seat heaters don't have any moving parts or electric motors...

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
This isn't an issue for me. I don't let anyone else drive it.

maxpower220

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold), 2020 F150 Powerstroke
Good news, her key fob won't change your seat position.