First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
Living in Florida doesn’t offer a ton of off-roading areas, but I mostly go to Citrus WMA, Ocala National Forest, or Osceola National Forest for off-roaring. Although Citrys is definitely my favorite of the 3 as it has the greatest variety of trails; sugar sand, muddy holes, rocky drops, off-camber climbs. Nothing crazy but enough to make it worthwhile. I’ve peaked at 26° of roll on a few trails.
I am 30 minutes from Ocala National Forest so I limit my rides to there. Where is Citrus WMA?
Sponsored

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
I am 30 minutes from Ocala National Forest so I limit my rides to there. Where is Citrus WMA?
Citrus WMA is about an hour south of Ocala. It’s just outside of Inverness. They’ve got a lot of trails. I always take the main trail that leads to the campgrounds and then just randomly pick out trails as I come across them. Just be cautious because a few of the trails do dead end at fences where they meet the main roads. I prefer Citrus over Ocala NF because of the variety of trails offered.

chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Wrangler Freedom Edit
Occupation
Sr Quality Manager
Citrus WMA is about an hour south of Ocala. It’s just outside of Inverness. They’ve got a lot of trails. I always take the main trail that leads to the campgrounds and then just randomly pick out trails as I come across them. Just be cautious because a few of the trails do dead end at fences where they meet the main roads. I prefer Citrus over Ocala NF because of the variety of trails offered.
The nice thing about citrus is that it doesn't matter if your jeep is stock it's still a great place to ride, something for everyone.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Very limited places to wheel in my area, same as OP, and what little there is appears to be pretty hard core stuff. From watching YouTube I think I would enjoy wheeling in Colorado

Sponsored

BluRubY

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon
I used to go all the time in Azusa Canyon, Big Bear when I lived in Ca. Here are some pictures from back then. I have the red Jeep.
Jeep Gladiator Do you even wheel ? 008

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I'm stock and also my truck is leased. I've gone once but my buddy I went with sold his truck so now I don't have a support truck which I want. Only places near me are fire trails or stupidly difficult ones that I won't bring my truck to lol. It was nice when I did go and I want to go again, but it takes a ot of time to plan and coordinate with my buddy.

jpcrawler11

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' JT, Max Tow, Gator, 92' YJ, 21' JLU 80th Anniv
Occupation
Automotive Manufacturing
Yes! Took mine to the Jeep Jamboree at the Badlands in Attica Indiana. I was one of two.... the other was a Mojave. This is us starting a trail head and it was a steep drop. Wife had claw marks in the dash lol.
Jeep Gladiator Do you even wheel ? Resized_20210604_092034

Sponsored

TNBob2021

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Oscar Mike
Occupation
RN
I dont anymore...
My gladiator is my daily

In the past... I had a chance that was mildly built and later a tj.
Learned my lesson on the TJ.
So I decided to crawl and wheel very gently in my daily driver.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
No wheeling!

Just a commute machine in North VA. Need a truck that can handle crappy wx and do house work.

Victoryrider78

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sales / Operations Support
I'd love to find somewhere remotely close to the Pittsburgh area that's not private property or has a gate on it. Wheeling is always a blast and where I used to go has been gated. I have no intentions on rock crawling or anything extreme, but I wouldn't mind some exploring!!

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
Nope, and no real desire to. I got my Gladiator because I appreciate how many opportunities there were for me to customize and play "Legos" with Jeeps. And I want to be able to take the top off when it finally cools down... one of these days.

I don't see the point of buying a $50-60k vehicle and beating the shit out of it. But hey, I do what I want with my money, and you do what you want with yours

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
It's a great trail. Few nice and technical sections that push you.
You head out this way, hit me up. Got a group of JTs that would be happy to take you!

That is the color I wish I had !!! trail looks fun as hell as well
Sponsored