Sponsored

Does a bug deflector work ?

o2bnkc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2002 Corvette convertible, 2008 Peterbilt 388, 2008 HD Heritage
Occupation
owner/operator/guitar picker
Is it worth putting one of these on? Not a big fan of the looks of these things, but if they work...……..
Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
This is my first jeep & I always thought they were tacky & ugly... Now though I am considering one as well.

Mr. Wuf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
I put one on my TJ years ago and couldn’t tell much of a difference. I haven’t put one on any of the last three Jeeps I’ve owned (two JKUs and my Gladiator). I don’t care for the look and didn’t see enough of a difference to warrant putting one on.

Last edited:

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I put a Bushwhacker bug deflector on about 4 months ago and can’t tell any difference whatsoever. Meh.

OP
OP
o2bnkc

o2bnkc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2002 Corvette convertible, 2008 Peterbilt 388, 2008 HD Heritage
Occupation
owner/operator/guitar picker
Well then, I guess the verdict is a unanimous.:no:

Last edited:

Sponsored

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed a slight difference in the lower half of the windshield But only at highway speed. But not enough to warrant it since it was below my line of sight. In back roads I didn't see a difference.

However, I got it primarily to protect the leading edge of the hood from rock chips. My JKU had a lot of chips from all my highway driving.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I had one on my JKU and it did nothing to keep bugs off the windshield plus it faded out my paint pretty good underneath it when I finally wanted to remove it. I would never put one on any vehicle again.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
My windshield was cracked on the fwy. It costs $550 for a new OEM windshield. ouch... I decided to try the Mopar bug deflector to see if I can make my next one last longer than 9K miles.

PS. my windshield was cracked by a rock on the bottom of the windshield...., so, I am hoping the bug deflector helps somehow.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
My windshield was cracked on the fwy. It costs $550 for a new OEM windshield. ouch... I decided to try the Mopar bug deflector to see if I can make my next one last longer than 9K miles.

PS. my windshield was cracked by a rock on the bottom of the windshield...., so, I am hoping the bug deflector helps somehow.
Never worked for the one on my JKU. Windshield was cracked or dinged 3 times while the bug deflector was installed. Only $50 for co pay but still sucks. A rock is going to get up higher than the bug deflector most of the time. These things are for looks more than function.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland

Sponsored

cherch

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Anyone use the clear vinyl wrap for the front end? I have had pretty good luck with the product, I have not had a chance to add this to my 20 gladiator (White) Sport yet

jimonfly

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
I live in Florida and we have these things called love bugs. They are satan's gift to vehicle owners. I always carry Bounce dryer sheets in the back. Get them wet and the bugs wipe off easily on the windows and front end. When I gas up I dip it in the wash bucket, wipe them off, then clean the windshield with the sponge/squeegee as the dryer sheets do leave a film.

Deleted member 31576

I live in Florida and we have these things called love bugs. They are satan's gift to vehicle owners. I always carry Bounce dryer sheets in the back. Get them wet and the bugs wipe off easily on the windows and front end. When I gas up I dip it in the wash bucket, wipe them off, then clean the windshield with the sponge/squeegee as the dryer sheets do leave a film.
live in Florida as well - this definitely works.

Pkoz

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I had this on my 2dr JL before I got my JT. It looks good in person. It's much different than the typical clear plastic ones you tend to think about when you hear "bug deflector". Seems to be better at preventing rocks than bug splatter. I had no issues with windshield cracks. When I removed it from the hood, it did collect a lot of fine dust and dirt from wheelin, so there may be some long term wear issues on the paint underneath it. Otherwise it is a nice option.
Jeep Gladiator Does a bug deflector work ? SmartSelect_20200705-075436_Amazon Shoppin

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
I like mine, both function and looks.

81B2D33D-E6B0-4BB0-974B-90CA69F89B00.jpeg
Sponsored