Sponsored

Does anyone make quick release solution for the bolts holding the top on?

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Those 8 bolts aren't really a problem, but if there's some other quick release latching type solution that would be awesome.
Sponsored

DHP

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland JT
i can’t imagine that with the thumb screws I could ever tighten them enough to make the top not creak and pop. I have to use setting 9 on my drill to tighten them enough for that not to happen. Would love to hear if that’s not the case. Would be much easier and quicker to remove the thumbscrews.

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I too use the milwaukee solution posted above. Anything involving a screwing action of any sort is going to take longer then factory. If you dont use power tools maybe take one of the factory ones in to a hardware store & buy shorter bolts if your comfortable with it.. With the m12 ratchet though each one is just a couple easy seconds in & out.

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
i can’t imagine that with the thumb screws I could ever tighten them enough to make the top not creak and pop. I have to use setting 9 on my drill to tighten them enough for that not to happen. Would love to hear if that’s not the case. Would be much easier and quicker to remove the thumbscrews.
There's also a torque spec for a reason......... hand tight doesn't quite meet the spec.
I treated mine with anti-sieze and once loosened, they come out really fast by my spinning the torx bit between thumb and finger. Hard to imagine I could get them out much faster than I do. I bet I'm faster than my air ratchet would be.