Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
as @Pepe said

I replaced my OEM steel spare wheel with a takeoff Gladiator OEM Charcole Rim 6KC87TRMAA and added a tire pressure sensor 68464665AB, so I could do a 5-tire rotation.
I believe this will work fine on the Jeep. I know when I tried it on my 2020 Ford Ranger it confused the TPMS system and I started getting system errors. I had to remove the spare tire 5th TPMS sensor to make it go away.
Sponsored

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
I put on 2 spare tires in the last month- both were dead flat. Seems like they ought to monitor that one, too, at least if it has sensors.

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
Searched but didn’t see anything that said if the spare actually has a TPMS in it??

TIA...
All I know is that when I upraded wheels and tires the Dealer said they would order one for the 5th wheel as I plan to rotate all 5. Will ask them again

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
All JK's/JL's have the same 5th wheel and TPMS. Most JT's come with a steel rim/no TPMS as its hidden.
I think if you check there are several series of spare tires. Most are 17” rims.
In my case I have an 18” due to the OEM wheel spec being 20”.

Sponsored

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
As is the spare on steel wheel does not have a TPMS. When people say they do the 5 tire rotation I would say its still picking up the rotated tire with one of the TPMS sensors. When I took my stock wheels off and loaded them in the back of the truck (with TPMS) and tires I put on had no TPMS the Jeep still was picking up the sensors. I did not install a new TPMS in spare so I didnt confuse the system.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The TPMS sensors trigger when they are rolling. I just swapped wheels with 36 PSI in them with wheels that had 32 psi in them and it took a few minutes of driving before the pressures updated.

Wranglers have a 5th TPMS sensor, Gladiators do not. The computer can tell which of the 5 are turning. I believe the TPMS sensor antennas are in each wheel well. So it may not even be able to pick up the spare's sensor. (Can someone confirm or refute this so people know for sure)
Sponsored