Does this look like a good deal?

Peedib89

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Ive started really shopping for a gladiator now. I just got an OTD quote of 44.2k for a Sport S, max tow, hard top, tech group and premium auto. Im rolling the 3 remaining lease payments that I have into this. I will be purchasing the gladiator and financing on my own not through the dealership.
Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Ive started really shopping for a gladiator now. I just got an OTD quote of 44.2k for a Sport S, max tow, hard top, tech group and premium auto. Im rolling the 3 remaining lease payments that I have into this. I will be purchasing the gladiator and financing on my own not through the dealership.
Would help to post the window sticker. Also, any trade involved?

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
If those are the only options in it I'd say that's not a very good deal.

Novaice

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT
If those are the only options in it I'd say that's not a very good deal.
Definately not. It's right at MSRP.
I would suggest go join the Tread Lightly Afflifate Program, wait 30 days, then use the code from tread lightly.
that will give you (start you off) at 1% under Invoice.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Would help to post the window sticker. Also, any trade involved?
I didn't read far enough or overlooked the part of your post about your lease.
As others have stated, if the options you listed are the only ones then you are not getting a good deal.

Sponsored

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
just got an OTD quote of 44.2k
If you give me MSRP, Sales Price, Dealer Fee, Registration Fee, Tax, and you current lease payment I can plug these into my calculator and give you a more objective response.

OP
OP
Peedib89

Peedib89

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Ok I had to get a price on a slightly different model( wife said heated seats or no deal). This is what I got.
Sport S with Customer preferred package 24s, Automatic trans, Premium Audio group, 3 piece hardtop, Aux switch group, Cold weather group, convenience group, tow package and tech group. Total Invoice is 45825. My out the door price including TTL is 44.5. That includes paying off my current lease, only like 1600. I may end up just paying the lease off on my own and not rolling it in, im undecided on that.

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
TTL is 44.5
What is the breakdown of this? Some states / counties have lots of tax, some have almost none.

EDIT: I also priced the truck with these options. Are you sure the invoice is $45,825. I think that $45,825 is the MSRP.

Last edited:

aj8544

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR,2018 Wrangler JLU 2.0, 2018 F150
I just yesterday purchased a Rubicon at over 6% under invoice also in NY. I also have a lease and chose to just keep that vehicle in addition to the JTR until the lease is up- 8 months in my case. If you are not over mileage etc... on the lease and can afford it I would just keep it as well. The way I looked at it was the current lease is going to cost you the same whether you turn it in now or when its up, might as well get the use out of it that you paid for. The only incremental cost of doing this is the additional insurance cost- which was far less than I thought it would be- about $290 in my case. I essentially reduced my down payment by the amount of my total lease payments- which I set aside just to cover the remaining lease costs. Now I can enjoy the JTR during upcoming nice weather months, keep my mileage reasonable for a bit, and use up the miles Im obligated to pay Ford for on the lease.

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Ok so did some quick math based on Albany NY. These numbers are probably not exact, but taking $75 off for dealer fee, $250 for reg and 1600 for your lease payoff I am guessing you paid about 3k in tax in Albany.

So they sold you this truck for about 39,500.

Invoice is 42,591.

You got about 14% off MSRP and about 7.5% off invoice.

But since I don't know your exact numbers the percentages can move quite a bit.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Peedib89

Peedib89

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
And I stand corrected MSRP was 45825. I looked at the sheet wrong

fullsizeoutput_174e.jpeg

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ok I had to get a price on a slightly different model( wife said heated seats or no deal). This is what I got.
Sport S with Customer preferred package 24s, Automatic trans, Premium Audio group, 3 piece hardtop, Aux switch group, Cold weather group, convenience group, tow package and tech group. Total Invoice is 45825. My out the door price including TTL is 44.5. That includes paying off my current lease, only like 1600. I may end up just paying the lease off on my own and not rolling it in, im undecided on that.
Your first post mentioned “max tow package” and this post lists only “tow package.” There is a difference between the two so make sure if you are wanting the max tow that it is listed on your window sticker or your build sheet as “max tow package.”
Sponsored