Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Secret stuff in secret locations
Works great!

0465A748-951C-4F84-B159-4EE1E1CB6918.jpeg
bought the exact same one, I am hunting for T50 quick connect so my bit doesn't fall out thou. T30 is much easier to find
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
I took the door bolts off once and never put them back on.

Also for the summer I pushed the door checks in. When the weather cools down I will pull them back out.

Now I can take the doors off in about 3 minutes.

GloriaJT

First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon - Gloria
2015 JKU Rubi in Minnesota with 33k miles and inside a garage except when driving. Delrin sleeves installed after 700 miles in 2015. The hinge screws have been removed since 2015 as well. Rusting started showing in 2018. Super disappointed. Trying to decide how to avoid this with my JT that arrives in the next few weeks!

upload_2019-7-29_13-25-23.png

Sponsored

BRD1941

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M998 HMMWV. 1995 YJ
I use an engine stand and this attachment from Stack back n roll

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I am over thinking this, how do these work? Are they on while the doors are off too?
I’ve seen kits with 4 and kits with 8.

With 4 you put one extended pin on each door and it acts as a pilot, it being a small enough diameter to pass through the boss for the small threaded section. This allows you to only have to worry about getting one pin longer up at a time. Typically you’d extend the top pin.

With 8 it’s basically the same except now the bottom pin has an extension.

Bonus buy, it protects the small threaded section from getting mushed, now he only thing that can happen is you snap it off completely.

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve seen kits with 4 and kits with 8.

With 4 you put one extended pin on each door and it acts as a pilot, it being a small enough diameter to pass through the boss for the small threaded section. This allows you to only have to worry about getting one pin longer up at a time. Typically you’d extend the top pin.

With 8 it’s basically the same except now the bottom pin has an extension.

Bonus buy, it protects the small threaded section from getting mushed, now he only thing that can happen is you snap it off completely.

Okay, makes sense. I used to take my doors off my TJ all the time and never had any issue, just patience. What about this product is so critical? I am trying to understand what problem this really solves if you're just careful. Does it make the process faster? Easier for one person?

I know they're not much money so maybe this is something I've just never used but I absolutely should be?

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
It makes the process easier by piloting one or both of the pins. Not everyone is built as gladiatorial as myself and holding a Jeep door while patiently navigating it into position can be very taxing for people, added stress of oh what if I drop it etc.

By being longer it will allow far less precision to get them concentric and colinear.

Sponsored

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It makes the process easier by piloting one or both of the pins. Not everyone is built as gladiatorial as myself and holding a Jeep door while patiently navigating it into position can be very taxing for people, added stress of oh what if I drop it etc.

By being longer it will allow far less precision to get them concentric and colinear.
Got it! Makes sense...

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link

He said gladiatorial :LOL:

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I did, it’s more polite than saying I’m 6’ by 265 with enough hugable calories to go a while without food for a while.

OP
OP
the-dude-abides

the-dude-abides

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020
Ordered these - plan to grease up threads and put these on the top bolts.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KYKWDGL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I got these in the mail and put them on all my door hinge bolts. They protect the threads and make hanging the doors a little easier.

The only thing I wish is that the top hinge bolts went all the way into these things. It doesn't screw all the way up to the top of the threads. Doesn't seem to affect anything though.

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my Jt for almost two months now. I took out the Bolts over a month ago and never put them back in. I ordered those same Door hinge pin bolts from Amazon. They work great. Leave them on the door whether the doors are on or off. They help guide it right in with no issues. And they are very inexpensive.
Sponsored