First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Occupation
Fireman
I’m new to the Jeep world and am expecting delivery of my first Jeep Gladiator mid to late July. I’m looking for the best mirrors to keep me street legal with the doors off. Ones that are easy to take on & off that won’t add lots of time to getting on the road once the doors are off and ones that won’t break the bank. Suggestions?
Sponsored

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I just got a set of JPeggz and I love them. No noise, no vibration, and they are US made. I highly recommend these.

KIMG3200.JPG

OP
OP
Cman1525

Cman1525

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Occupation
Fireman
@ZTMAN yeah I read the reviews of the quadratec and the whistling was a no go for me. These are great options I couldn’t find much on a google search that looked worth while both of these look like contenders. Thanks!

@Benbean66 does the foot peg provide a relaxing foot rest or do you find yourself not using it?

Sponsored

Longbeard

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley's n a silverado
I just got a set of JPeggz and I love them. No noise, no vibration, and they are US made. I highly recommend these.

KIMG3200.JPG

[/QUOTE I also have jpegs,there great,I use the foot peg all the time,it almost like riding my Harley, good quality and made in the good ol USA and their customer service is top notch

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I’m new to the Jeep world and am expecting delivery of my first Jeep Gladiator mid to late July. I’m looking for the best mirrors to keep me street legal with the doors off. Ones that are easy to take on & off that won’t add lots of time to getting on the road once the doors are off and ones that won’t break the bank. Suggestions?
The real question is do you plan on using them, or are you just trying to stay legal. Across the border in SC we don't need them, but I would like ones that actually work. I have been going mirror-less for the longest time due to not finding anything that would be that beneficial.

I am still waiting on Quadratech to release their mirror movers for the JL/JT personally. I was about to pull the trigger on the CMM ones, but I just didn't like the idea of paying all that money for such a tiny round mirror.

Incommando

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sport max tow Sting-gray, ‘95 YJ
OP
OP
Cman1525

Cman1525

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Occupation
Fireman
The real question is do you plan on using them, or are you just trying to stay legal. Across the border in SC we don't need them, but I would like ones that actually work. I have been going mirror-less for the longest time due to not finding anything that would be that beneficial.

I am still waiting on Quadratech to release their mirror movers for the JL/JT personally. I was about to pull the trigger on the CMM ones, but I just didn't like the idea of paying all that money for such a tiny round mirror.
To be honest the initial goal is to be legal. I never even thought about it until the other day someone told me that we need them in NC to be street legal. However, I will say I drive a lot without a review mirror and even when I do have a review mirror I use my side mirrors more often. I haven’t tried to drive without side mirrors before so I’d imagine the goal to be legal will also lead to that I’ll prefer to have them especially when switching lanes to the right.

Soedog

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2006 BMW Z4 3. 0si. Previous Jeeps: 2012 JK Sport, 2016 JK Rubicon Hard Rock Edition
Occupation
Quality Engineering Tech
Lange Coyote Mirrors. Easy on and off and zero flutter at 75 mph!

2054C1D9-F9A5-48F0-AE31-1143C58A5B1D.jpeg

3E74558C-9413-4E17-A9F8-5222E149099B.jpeg

Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
@ZTMAN yeah I read the reviews of the quadratec and the whistling was a no go for me. These are great options I couldn’t find much on a google search that looked worth while both of these look like contenders. Thanks!

@Benbean66 does the foot peg provide a relaxing foot rest or do you find yourself not using it?
I feel the foot peg is perfectly placed, is very comfortable, and I use it every time I drive. I'm 6'5" and it's nice to be able to stretch out a little.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
To be honest the initial goal is to be legal. I never even thought about it until the other day someone told me that we need them in NC to be street legal. However, I will say I drive a lot without a review mirror and even when I do have a review mirror I use my side mirrors more often. I haven’t tried to drive without side mirrors before so I’d imagine the goal to be legal will also lead to that I’ll prefer to have them especially when switching lanes to the right.
I was freaked out at first, always being somebody who used side mirrors, but with the great center visibility got used to it. Not sure if this is for better or for worse though, lol.

Since you want to actually use them, you may be in the same boat as me, struggling to find something that truly is a good square full sized mirror.

I am not a lawyer, but I will say that I have seen a lot and driven a decent amount in NC without mirrors. Not sure how strongly this law is enforced. Personally I am waiting for something truely useful.

DeepSea

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT LE, T120, JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Diver
These were spare mirrors from my motorcycle. The bolts are from my Sunrider top. Had to add a spacer because the bolts were long. They ride great, no noise/vibration. Have great visibility and it was all stuff I had laying around the garage. If you don't have any, ask your friends or look on craigslist. I bet you could get a set for around $20.
Jeep Gladiator Doors off mirrors? CA89ACFE-BA26-42D7-8265-212C3D102208_1_201_a

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
I was freaked out at first, always being somebody who used side mirrors, but with the great center visibility got used to it. Not sure if this is for better or for worse though, lol.

Since you want to actually use them, you may be in the same boat as me, struggling to find something that truly is a good square full sized mirror.

I am not a lawyer, but I will say that I have seen a lot and driven a decent amount in NC without mirrors. Not sure how strongly this law is enforced. Personally I am waiting for something truely useful.
Sponsored