Sponsored

Doors Off Mirrors

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTSSD Granite Crystal Metallic (Korg)
Occupation
Engineer
Trying to find out what everyone is doing for mirrors with the doors off. I don't anticipate going doors off too often, so when I do I want something that's fairly easy to put on and take off. I also don't foresee using tube doors either. Advice and pictures would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

robburns76

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S with Max tow
I have the Carolina Metal Masters ones. not cheap but they are well built. I only wish they stuck out a little further, other than that they are awesome.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
tube doors have mirriors
Jeep Gladiator Doors Off Mirrors 6F3E1AC1-0DA5-46FC-80C6-83C955C48368

and i have little mirrors on the vents for full doors off
Jeep Gladiator Doors Off Mirrors D924326B-20AF-420B-BF4E-4C023DB0225E

Sponsored

mellendic

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT Security Researcher
Is the footrest actually useful?

I think I'm going to order Lange Coyotes.
I have the Coyotes and they are great, a bit hard to get used to based on the round mirror being a bit obscured. Otherwise awesome, light and easy to mount and take off, I don't like the look of the second set of mirrors mounted with the doors on. I do get quite a bit of questions on the mount, but I leave it on all year and it just works...

IMG_0448.JPEG

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Does anyone have experience with the Quadratec ones? My wife and I typically remove the doors for short day trips that includes a little bit of highway driving. The reviews for these say they fold in at speeds above 55mph and they shake... just wondering "how bad"? I typically don't try to cheap out on parts but for some reason I seem to want to be more frugal with mirrors :)

The Lange Coyotes' seem to get great reviews but I too HATE the convex mirror optics (I don't know if I could get used to it)

Jeep Gladiator Doors Off Mirrors 1616771809527

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
I made this up from some RAM parts I had and a Double Take motorcycle Adventure mirror.
Visibility is excellent and its easy to swap between the JL and the JT.
I particularly like that it keeps its adjustment when I remove it, as I stow it away when stopped.

Jeep Gladiator Doors Off Mirrors 20190727_153227

Jeep Gladiator Doors Off Mirrors 20190727_153236

Jeep Gladiator Doors Off Mirrors 20190729_182418

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Plus one, I have had Coyotes on my YJ and it seemed the right way to do it on my JTR.

Solid.

I have the Coyotes and they are great, a bit hard to get used to based on the round mirror being a bit obscured. Otherwise awesome, light and easy to mount and take off, I don't like the look of the second set of mirrors mounted with the doors on. I do get quite a bit of questions on the mount, but I leave it on all year and it just works...

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I hear what you're saying about the convex mirrors, but it is something you can get used to, and I always look over my shoulder anyway. There is so much ROOM to see with no doors!

Does anyone have experience with the Quadratec ones? My wife and I typically remove the doors for short day trips that includes a little bit of highway driving. The reviews for these say they fold in at speeds above 55mph and they shake... just wondering "how bad"? I typically don't try to cheap out on parts but for some reason I seem to want to be more frugal with mirrors :)

The Lange Coyotes' seem to get great reviews but I too HATE the convex mirror optics (I don't know if I could get used to it)

Sponsored

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
on my wrangler jku:
The kind that bolt in the door hinge can get loose, if you tighten them too much it can damage the hinge sleeve or break off the stud.... I had to cut one off.

I went to the window frame mounted mirrors and like them a lot better. (quadratic mirror movers) I also have the convex mirrors on the heat vent.

For the jt:
I have the coyotes but they aren’t installed yet. I’m planning to leave the mount on.

Beastmaster

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator SportS, 1943 Willys MB and a Ural M70 mototcycle
I run with the door off as much as I can. I know there are lots of cheaper options but I went ahead and sprung for the one from Die-Tech. They're pretty expensive but I think they are worth every penny. They are brackets that hold the stock mirrors super steady and in the same position as when the doors are on. You can either use your own mirrors or you can get them with Mopar mirrors.

DIE-TECH Off-Road Mirror Brackets for 18-up Jeep Wrangler JL & JL Unli – FORTEC4x4

Canada g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator overland
I made this up from some RAM parts I had and a Double Take motorcycle Adventure mirror.
Visibility is excellent and its easy to swap between the JL and the JT.
I particularly like that it keeps its adjustment when I remove it, as I stow it away when stopped.

I like this solution. Can you list the parts you used?
Thanks

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW

This was the first pair I bought. Now sitting in the basement. Could not take the whistling above 30mph. Bought the CMM. Sturdy.