Sponsored

Doors off, premium soft top, rain protection?

Ray F.

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubi
Was the gap along the bottom because the door was too high, or because it was too far out from the sill?

You really have to be willing to bend the frame of the soft doors a LOT to get them to fit right sometimes, the metal rod is designed to bent for fit, but if it was 1/2" too high, I don't thin any amount of bending would fix that :(
It was too high and the front radius of the lower front corners was too small.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-doors-front-jl-sku-5175017.28676/post-503926
Sponsored

zuke

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 JKU, 2006 TJ, 2021 Bronco BL

Ray F.

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubi
Wow, yeah, those were a terrible fit! I woulda sent them back too, I hope that isn't going to be the standard. it almost looks like they actually might have sent the wrong doors! (I'm hoping!)
Despite the part numbers on the box and invoice being correct, I thought they may have been the wrong doors, as well. Unfortunately, Bestop CS failed to reply when they said they would on every call. When I’d call in, they wouldn’t have any recommendations. Just more questions. They were cordial, polite and answered the phone every time. I just didn’t see any progress or sign of closure.

Quadratec was super helpful in the return process, so I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase these through Quadratec if I were someone willing to give them a try. I just wouldn’t wait beyond the return timeframe to fit them.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Despite the part numbers on the box and invoice being correct, I thought they may have been the wrong doors, as well. Unfortunately, Bestop CS failed to reply when they said they would on every call. When I’d call in, they wouldn’t have any recommendations. Just more questions. They were cordial, polite and answered the phone every time. I just didn’t see any progress or sign of closure.

Quadratec was super helpful in the return process, so I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase these through Quadratec if I were someone willing to give them a try. I just wouldn’t wait beyond the return timeframe to fit them.
Man those turned out really bad. Guess I will be waiting for the core doors after all.

Heliix

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator
Hey @Swayze,
Have you considered our Element Doors? They start out as tube doors as shown below. You can also add the same style upper as you'd find on our 2-piece soft doors. Lastly, we offer an enclosure that makes this look like a solid half door. The enclosure is basically a flat steel skin that will secure to the outside. We have offered this for the TJ, and JK Wranglers, and the enclosure will soon be available for the JL/JT as well.
2020_Gladiator_Sunrider_Element_Doors_1070399-HDR-602x451-ad9b10f.jpg

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
has anyone tried making a fabric lower for the tube doors? i know it wouldn’t be completely sealed but not getting drenched going to work would be great.

Sponsored

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
has anyone tried making a fabric lower for the tube doors? i know it wouldn’t be completely sealed but not getting drenched going to work would be great.
I've considered this but I would probably pay an upholstery shop to make a set that slid on and velcro in place. I've also thought about using that foam pipe insulation (looks like pool noodle with a slit) at the bottom & front to create a weather strip of sorts to close the gap to keep rain out. Of course your still going to get wet with no upper door section ;)

Heliix

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've considered this but I would probably pay an upholstery shop to make a set that slid on and velcro in place. I've also thought about using that foam pipe insulation (looks like pool noodle with a slit) at the bottom & front to create a weather strip of sorts to close the gap to keep rain out. Of course your still going to get wet with no upper door section ;)
for a upper I was thinking of using plexiglass and metal piping frame. I have a pipe bender to bend the pipe inward and the plexiglass can be heat formed.

Last edited:

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Whats strange is bestop has uppers that fit the element doors, they just don't have the lower covers out yet about a year after they first mentioned "soon" the lowers....

Happycoop

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Haven't read through all the posts, but honestly road spray isn't bad at all. I wouldn't hesitate to run no doors and drive in the rain (and even with the top down if you're doing hwy driving you won't get wet as long as you're doing over 30 or so.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
The part numbers for the enclosure kits will be 51744-01 and 51745-01 and will be available for order very shortly. There has been a delay in bringing these to market and I apologize for that.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Thanks. I wish I would have ordered the element doors when you had them for sale a month or two ago, but I was really hoping on core doors happening.

Heliix

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I wish I would have ordered the element doors when you had them for sale a month or two ago, but I was really hoping on core doors happening.
The core doors are not happening? This sucks, I too would have bought the elements doors and uppers for the sale.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
The core doors are not happening? This sucks, I too would have bought the elements doors and uppers for the sale.
I wouldn't bank on it. There still hasn't been any commitment to it. Really sucks since the factory half doors are disapointing especially for the cost. As luck has it the two things I wanted for my JT never got JL/JT versions. Quadratec mirror movers and Bestop Core Doors.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Whats strange is bestop has uppers that fit the element doors, they just don't have the lower covers out yet about a year after they first mentioned "soon" the lowers....
I got the lowers on my Element doors yesterday. I have Uppers but started raining so everything is covered up now.

58FB91A9-839E-4681-99F0-939A105A6671.jpeg

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
I got the lowers on my Element doors yesterday. I have Uppers but started raining so everything is covered up now.

Jeep Gladiator Doors off, premium soft top, rain protection? 58FB91A9-839E-4681-99F0-939A105A6671
Those look good. Are they more of a permanent install or do they pop off quickly once configured?
Sponsored