First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
I happen to be lucky enough to have a JLURD and a JTRD. Well, actually the wife took my Wrangler so I took her car and traded it for a Gladiator.
Now I have 2 key Fob to worry about. What I'd like is to be able to combine both fobs and only carry one. I could dangle the keys off a ring.

Anybody else want such thing? Maybe with enough interest we can get them to make it!!!
Sponsored

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
I happen to be lucky enough to have a JLURD and a JTRD. Well, actually the wife took my Wrangler so I took her car and traded it for a Gladiator.
Now I have 2 key Fob to worry about. What I'd like is to be able to combine both fobs and only carry one. I could dangle the keys off a ring.

Anybody else want such thing? Maybe with enough interest we can get them to make it!!!
Not really a first world problem as most families have at least 2 cars. It would be interesting to know what the design process would entail, but I would think the likely hood of failure would double and then two cars can't be opened without a key instead of just one.

The other thing would be size. The complaints I see from people about the fob for one is kind of crazy already, let alone two. I can really see the convenience though for having one thing to carry instead of two.

I don't drive my wife's car enough to warrant carrying daily. If by chance I am driving her honda or she needs my truck, we just swap keys since each ring has any house keys we would need for the day. I guess I am luck we hate each other's cars enough to not worry about the extra keys needed.

TimC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator , 2021 Wrangler
Occupation
Telecom
I’ve thought about this as well.
Wife has Wrangler, I have Gladiator

Not sure there’s much hope for a dual fob

OP
OP
RudeJeepin

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
We bought both new, so we have 2 fobs per vehicle, I have my own for the Wrangler as well as my Gladiator. So I grab whichever fob I need for the drive, and since she has remote start and I don't, they are easy to tell apart. But once in awhile we swap rigs mid day, not very often though.

Like I said earlier, if enough of us show interest maybe they will look into it.

"If you build it, they will come."

Sponsored

Bricoz106

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
The better way to do it would be to have one of the vehicles frequency changed to match the other one. That way a single fob will operate either vehicle. At my work, I manage a fleet of vehicles, consisting of Dodge Durangos and Chargers. We generally order them in a single frequency, however, on occasion have purchased others with a different frequency and had the dealer change it. They have to order some kind of module/receiver hub to accomplish this.

OP
OP
RudeJeepin

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
The better way to do it would be to have one of the vehicles frequency changed to match the other one. That way a single fob will operate either vehicle. At my work, I manage a fleet of vehicles, consisting of Dodge Durangos and Chargers. We generally order them in a single frequency, however, on occasion have purchased others with a different frequency and had the dealer change it. They have to order some kind of module/receiver hub to accomplish this.

That might work, but I'm sure the dealer would want a decent fee for that. Plus both are parked next to each other in the driveway all the time. I'd want to be able to lock and unlock just one at a time. Not to mention they both have proximity locks, so not sure how that would work either.

Bricoz106

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
All of ours have proximity locks. Yeah, it costs a bit. Here is an invoice from a few weeks ago. This was a Dodge Charger, for reference.

frequency change.jpg

OP
OP
RudeJeepin

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
All of ours have proximity locks. Yeah, it costs a bit. Here is an invoice from a few weeks ago. This was a Dodge Charger, for reference.

Jeep Gladiator Dual Key Fob frequency change
Ya, definitely not going that route, not for that price.

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara

Same here. Wife drove my Gladiator Overland every so often for a year, then decided she wanted a JL. Sahara. We've had all flavors of Jeeps, she forgot how much fun the J-Series are to drive.

Sponsored

spanishmack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JT Gladiator, 2012 Ford F-150
Occupation
Something... something... software.
First world problems
Guy I work with calls it RPP (Rich People Problems)

On a side note, guy hit me with that when I complained about a problem with my swimming pool, then 4 months later goes and buys an $80k+ RAM truck... :mad:

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Not really a first world problem as most families have at least 2 cars.
In the first world... in the first world most families have 2 cars. Making having 2 cars a first world problem. Moreover, 2 cars no older than 4 years when the average age of cars in the US is over 12 years old. So not only is a JL and a JT first world problems, it's decidedly-better-off middle class or greater first world problems.

Anyway, my solution to my wife wanting to borrow my gladiator a little too often was to trade it in for a manual. Now she can't.

stampedingTurtles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler
Are these vehicles that have ignition keys that are separate from the fobs? Or are they using the same sort of push button start system as the JL/Gladiator where the fob being present in the vehicle is needed to turn on the ignition?

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer

You need a GORUCK bag. Two fobs will be really bulky. https://www.goruck.com/products/rucker

abe57

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
retired
Vehicle Showcase
All I have to say is why ? This is the wife's Honda Civic key Fob vs Gladiators .First Pic keys hidden second keys exposed. Wake up Jeep !!

20220716_091739.jpg

20220716_091702.jpg
Sponsored