GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know why these mesh EAG doors cost more than than the ones others are posting?
Seems these would be cheaper (less metal) or at least the same price as the others. I have not checked viscous offroad but I will check. Anyone have leads on this style door for in the $300's

Screenshot_20200427-230843_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
tweak89

tweak89

First Name
Leroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2002 Thunderbird
This is what I get when I search Vicious offroad. So they must not carry them anymore.
Any JL doors will fit. They had them separate when I bought, but the Gladiator listings were priced way off (their mistake). So, they may have combined them or maybe in the process of fixing that. Also, I see your looking on your phone, I've always found that browsing on a PC/Laptop is much better as phone optimized sites aren't always "complete". Search "Gladiator Tube Door"

Again, like I said in my initial post, CALL Vicious and ask for their best price.

Well, I have no complaints, and have had them on more than my regular doors since my purchase. Unless you like a particular style, I can't see how paying $400-500 more would get you something that much better.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Great review. I’ve been debating on these due to the price, you get what you pay for, but hearing these good reviews makes me think they are worth the risk.
theyre very well built I think in general, not just “for the money” well built. I would’ve been ok with these costing me 500. I’d order a set.
Any JL doors will fit. They had them separate when I bought, but the Gladiator listings were priced way off (their mistake). So, they may have combined them or maybe in the process of fixing that. Also, I see your looking on your phone, I've always found that browsing on a PC/Laptop is much better as phone optimized sites aren't always "complete". Search "Gladiator Tube Door"

Again, like I said in my initial post, CALL Vicious and ask for their best price.

Well, I have no complaints, and have had them on more than my regular doors since my purchase. Unless you like a particular style, I can't see how paying $400-500 more would get you something that much better.
^This. Plus you're on Amazon Prime from what I see. Convenience of quick free shipping, but prices tend to be higher. Call Vicious as a few of us have. Maybe they'll have the doors, or maybe I was the last lucky one who got em for 300 bucks.

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Today I received my EAG Safari Tube Doors w/ Mirrors. Picked them up from Vicious Offroad for $313 shipped (had to call to get that price). Also, when browsing their page, their Gladiator links for these doors show a price of $999.99 while the JL version (which are identical) list for $329. I made them aware of this so it may now be corrected, I called about the crazy price then asked for their best price shipped.

So, they arrive with the front doors and rear doors bundled together. You also get 2 smaller boxes for the mirrors, 4 boxes for the hinges and one box for the hinge hardware. The two page instructions are just ok. They don't explain why half the hinge bolts are longer (25mm vs 20mm). You get 8 of each size. I assume their are longer ones for the front doors to account for the door strap (the straps are built in to the rear doors). So I just used the short ones for all upper hinges and the longer ones for all lower hinges (even though the rear doors don't have the extra strap bracket like the front).

Putting them together and installing them was a breeze. I had to do some minor adjustments to get the latches to close nice and snug, but it wasn't too much of a hassle.

The fit and finish are quite good, I noticed no defects on the finish of the doors. I had read/watched some reviews and wasn't expecting much from the mirrors, but they work great for me. They are larger than stock and give me a better view than stock. Don't know if they made changes to them but I don't see why anyone would have any issues with them.

Took it for a spin before removing them (we have rain predicted all weekend) and noticed no rattles or other noises. So, if your like me and can't fathom the nearly $1k price of the Mopar doors (and a few other brands) these are a great quality alternative.

Jeep Gladiator EAG Safari Tube Doors-Installed! Screenshot_20200427-231712_Samsung Internet
I appreciate the thread and the suggestions, I've wanted a set but couldn't justify the costs I've been seeing elsewhere....just ordered a set for myself and will let you know how the installation goes following the advice you gave in the thread..

Sponsored

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
EAG doors arrived yesterday and today was a perfect day to assemble and then head out topless. Doors were super easy to put together and just took a bit of fine tuning as described in earlier posts to minimize rattle. I could never eliminate 100% of the rattle, but what’s there isn’t too bad and is low bass, not tinnie, so it doesn’t bother me. Thanks for the recommendation, happy to have 4 solid feeling doors with two large mirrors (plastic) at this price!

Jeep Gladiator EAG Safari Tube Doors-Installed! 9705EA95-66B5-4F87-B799-EF0D4866EAE5

Last edited:

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
EAG doors arrived yesterday and today was a perfect day to assemble and then head out topless. Doors were super easy to put together and just took a bit of fine tuning as described in earlier posts to minimize rattle. I could never 100% eliminate of the rattle, but what’s there isn’t too bad and is low bass, not tinnie, so it doesn’t bother me. Thanks for the recommendation, happy to have 4 solid feeling doors with two large mirrors (plastic) at this price!
I did the same and honestly I really hate the mirrors. I ordered this set because it came with mirrors and they're all but useless. I have a video that I have to edit before I post but doors are great, mirrors are junk.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
I did the same and honestly I really hate the mirrors. I ordered this set because it came with mirrors and they're all but useless. I have a video that I have to edit before I post but doors are great, mirrors are junk.
What issue did you have with them? Mine had a bit of movement so I put a rubber bumper inside to stop the passenger side glass from shifting and it worked like a charm. Driver side has been great.

OP
OP
tweak89

tweak89

First Name
Leroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2002 Thunderbird
I've read comments on these mirrors not being good, but as I stated in my original post, I love them. Bigger field of view than the smaller stock mirrors.

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I was surprised that they are all plastic as a prior review of EAG doors on YouTube said the brackets were metal, but we didn’t have any problems with their functionality and thought their large size made it easy to see in back. I hope you can find a set you like without spending too much.

Sponsored

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
What issue did you have with them? Mine had a bit of movement so I put a rubber bumper inside to stop the passenger side glass from shifting and it worked like a charm. Driver side has been great.
Okay so there must be two sets of mirrors in production. Mine have two positive stops. One shows me the inside of the cabin, and the next one is so far out that I can't even see the mirror.

Additionally they're super cheap plastic and I had to file the metal studs inside the housing just to get them to actually tighten and not flop around. I think I just got a bad set.

The problem is I can't get anyone from EAG to respond to my emails and their phone number results in an error.

Last edited:

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
Okay so there must be two sets of mirrors in production. Mine have two positive stops. One shows me the inside of the cabin, and the next one is so far out that I can't even see the mirror.

Additionally they're super cheap plastic and I had to file the metal studs inside the housing just to get them to actually tighten and not flop around. I think I just got a bad set.

The problem is I can't get anyone from EAG to respond to my emails.
honestly, you got a faulty product Is what it sounds like. I would think about filing a dispute with your CC if you can’t get a response.
My mirrors have 2 stops and definitely points more to the cab but when I adjust the glass to the top left it works out fine on the driver side. Passenger one the glass moved almost immediately upon driving, so I used the bumper

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honestly, you got a faulty product Is what it sounds like. I would think about filing a dispute with your CC if you can’t get a response.
My mirrors have 2 stops and definitely points more to the cab but when I adjust the glass to the top left it works out fine on the driver side. Passenger one the glass moved almost immediately upon driving, so I used the bumper

Which side did you use the wedge on? I used it on the passenger cause it was pointing it really badly, but I'm thinking of putting it on the driver side. The solution would be to send me two thicker wedges with longer bolts so I can make the setup work. I've stopped the wobbling in the mirrors at least but I can't do much about the direction they point without proper wedge and bolts...

(I'm fully aware that i can somehow fashion a better wedge and buy longer bolts myself, but that wouldn't look uniform as these bolts are very unique and I'm not in the wedge making business :) )

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
Which side did you use the wedge on? I used it on the passenger cause it was pointing it really badly, but I'm thinking of putting it on the driver side. The solution would be to send me two thicker wedges with longer bolts so I can make the setup work. I've stopped the wobbling in the mirrors at least but I can't do much about the direction they point without proper wedge and bolts...

(I'm fully aware that i can somehow fashion a better wedge and buy longer bolts myself, but that wouldn't look uniform as these bolts are very unique and I'm not in the wedge making business :) )
mine was opposite. Driver side was bad. Using the wedge made it much better. i wish they would’ve sent two wedges just because.

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mine was opposite. Driver side was bad. Using the wedge made it much better. i wish they would’ve sent two wedges just because.

Okay, so I went out and swapped the wedge from passenger to driver and it did make things a bit better. Still needs more, but it's tolerable now. I still stand by my earlier statement that the quality of the mirror assembly is far inferior to the quality of the doors. And, it would have helped if the instructions mentioned the wedge was intended for the driver side so I wouldn't have to uninstall both mirrors (4 times now) to fix this. (The other three times were to fix the wobbly stems ...).

This product would get a full star more if:

1) Included 2x thicker wedges for the mirrors
2) Spent like 10 more minutes on the directions
3) Included two different size sets of rubber pads for the doors.
Sponsored