Ear buffeting and relief vent noise/flutter after alucab and seat delete

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
This is what I’m working with
IMG_4252.jpeg
As I said last night I have the earlier version of the canopy and it looks like I have about the same gap as the OP without any buffeting. I do leave the crossbars on all the time but I don’t know if that comes into play.
IMG_1508.jpeg
Looks like @smlobx might have a slightly wider gap from cab to canopy. Is this adjustable at all - more to the rear to widen the gap?
Has there been any front end mods that would modify the airflow over the grill/hood/windshield?
Does opening the windows eliminate the buffeting?
I’m wondering if a small air dam at the top of the canopy would be enough to divert the airflow… like you did with the cardboard, but from the canopy forward different lengths/angles to see how narrow the gap needs to. be to stop the buffeting.
someone else mentioned a plate between canopy and bed rail gasket to extend toward the cab. For a down low air diverter - maybe only needs to be a little wider than the cab vent to divert airflow to the sides away from the vent.
Sponsored

Gladiator Brad 704

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Put a fin on top of the cab. Something that can be taped on. My 2021 2500 HD chevy has something like this. Google it. You might be able to get something off of another car or truck. I had a similar result from adding a Soft Topper. I was able to move the Soft Topper closer to the cab and it resolved 99% of the problem.

You might be able to use type of heavy rubber mat. Stick it onto the cab and the camper top.

mopar 1957

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I have basically the exact setup as you do with no problems at all. My cap has the windows and last fall I traveled the TAT without any of the sound you are describiing. The trip back to Ohio was all highway.
I had taken out the rear seats and made my own platform in the back of the cab. The only real difference is I have installed the cross bars on the roof of the Alu-Cab. This might be a course to consider.
Good Luck!
Sponsored