First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Fed
Good morning everyone. I tried to search for the topic, but was unsuccessful. I bought a 82215615 Mopar Tonneau Cover off Facebook Marketplac thinking it would fit on my 2021 JT. Turns out I was wrong.

in looking at the directions for the model made after 2020, it looks like the hexagonal anchor needs to be put into the bed, but all other parts are the same. Can anyone confirm? Or did I sadly waste my money on a cover that wonā€™t fit.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
It should fit. You may need some help from a dealer to get the missing parts needed to attach it to the bed.

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Just add the rivnuts.... Not seeing what the issue is....

Or reach your hand between the bed and cab and use regular nuts and washers. It's tight so you may need a helper with smaller hands

OP
OP
tjk

tjk

First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fed
Just add the rivnuts.... Not seeing what the issue is....

Or reach your hand between the bed and cab and use regular nuts and washers. It's tight so you may need a helper with smaller hands
just wanted confirmation I wasnā€™t crazy, but doing the regular nuts is a good idea! And something I can do without having to go to the dealership. Thanks for the inspiration, looks like Iā€™m headed to Home Depot today.

PNWGladiator

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
just wanted confirmation I wasnā€™t crazy, but doing the regular nuts is a good idea! And something I can do without having to go to the dealership. Thanks for the inspiration, looks like Iā€™m headed to Home Depot today.
I just did this last weekend. I took the cover off of my 2020 and moved it over to my 2021. I had to run to Home Depot to buy some nuts for the backside of the bed and youā€™ll need 1 nut for each side bracket: M8x1.25mm. Home Depot sells them 2 to a bag for less than $1.00. Buy yourself an extra bag in case you loose a nut (donā€™t ask me why I know šŸ˜‚) and a small tube of loctite and youā€™ll be good to go. Super easy install. Good luck and let us know how it turns out!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
tjk

tjk

First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fed
I just did this last weekend. I took the cover off of my 2020 and moved it over to my 2021. I had to run to Home Depot to buy some nuts for the backside of the bed and youā€™ll need 1 nut for each side bracket: M8x1.25mm. Home Depot sells them 2 to a bag for less than $1.00. Buy yourself an extra bag in case you loose a nut (donā€™t ask me why I know šŸ˜‚) and a small tube of loctite and youā€™ll be good to go. Super easy install. Good luck and let us know how it turns out!!!
Follow up: PNWGladiator was 100% right on buying extra hardware. Itā€™s rainy here right now, so Iā€™ll have to pickup multiple washers and crush washers from the ground after I get my JT out of the garage. But, I was able to negotiate having a crush washer and then a nut on each of the rear bolts. Everything else went on just fine. Thanks for the help to all who pitched in!

PNWGladiator

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Follow up: PNWGladiator was 100% right on buying extra hardware. Itā€™s rainy here right now, so Iā€™ll have to pickup multiple washers and crush washers from the ground after I get my JT out of the garage. But, I was able to negotiate having a crush washer and then a nut on each of the rear bolts. Everything else went on just fine. Thanks for the help to all who pitched in!
Iā€™m glad to hear that you were able to get it installed!

Reactions: tjk

etk29321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th
For anyone else trying this, I found getting the nuts on between the bed and cab to be 1000x easier if you tape them to the tip of your finger. My hand does not fit in the gap there, but I can get a finger there with ease. Some kind of magnet would probably work too, but I had a roll of painter's tape on the workbench from another project already.

Reactions: tjk

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I took the advice from an old Jeeper buddy of mine and bought a rivnut kit from Amazon. It comes in SO handy with all sorts of Jeep stuff! Turns out that Mustang people want them and didn't know it, too - my brother in law bought the same kit for working on his 2008 Bullitt.

I've not used a round rivnut from the kit on my JTR yet, but my YJ has a bunch of them.

Good morning everyone. I tried to search for the topic, but was unsuccessful. I bought a 82215615 Mopar Tonneau Cover off Facebook Marketplac thinking it would fit on my 2021 JT. Turns out I was wrong.

in looking at the directions for the model made after 2020, it looks like the hexagonal anchor needs to be put into the bed, but all other parts are the same. Can anyone confirm? Or did I sadly waste my money on a cover that wonā€™t fit.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Rugged Ridge (Extang) now includes a bracket kit (or they'll send you one for free) that has weld nuts that are part of a "L" shaped bracket that goes between the bed and the cab. It was much easier to hold that bracket then trying to get small nuts and washers back behind there
Jeep Gladiator Early 2020 Tonneau on 2021 JT 1609725447908

Sponsored

relayer4u

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
SCG
Did some research and here is what I found:

If you have a JT WITH front threaded lower holes, these are the Mopar part numbers for your truck:
Soft tri-fold: 82215615
Hard tri-fold: 82215616
Soft roll up: 82215617

JT WITHOUT front threaded lower hole, use these Mopar numbers:
Soft tri-fold: 82216371AB
Hard tri-fold: 82216372AB
Soft roll up: 82216373AA

I was able to view the difference in the instructions for all of these EXCEPT the new soft roll up version 82216373AA, I did verify the part number, description and application info on all of the vendor sites that currently list the new roll up part number.

Last edited:

bestofbothworlds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Did some research and here is what I found:

If you have a JT WITH front threaded lower holes, these are the Mopar part numbers for your truck:
Soft tri-fold: 82215615
Hard tri-fold: 82215616
Soft roll up: 82215617

JT WITHOUT front threaded lower hole, use these Mopar numbers:
Soft tri-fold: 82216371AB
Hard tri-fold: 82216372AB
Soft roll up: 82216373AA

I was able to view the difference in the instructions for all of these EXCEPT the new soft roll up version 82216373AA, I did verify the part number, description and application info on all of the vendor sites that currently list the new roll up part number.
This is great info. The official MOPAR site doesn't have any info on 82216373AA. Any idea if it is identical to 82215617 with just the non threaded hole for installation? The reason I am asking is that there is a big price difference between the two.

relayer4u

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
SCG
Unverified on what is different or the same, maybe even isn't released yet. That's why I made note that I could not find the instruction for it anywhere. I would not buy at this point.