First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Will the stage 1 tune conflict with my live tazer functions? Or is that just with the tune that has 3 different settings?
Its only a conflict with tazer live or adaptive cruise when multiple tunes are present
Sponsored

rtjeepman

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Jeep Cherokee TH
Occupation
Respiratory Therapist
Its only a conflict with tazer live or adaptive cruise when multiple tunes are present
Thank you. I'm close to pulling the trigger on this and was confused. I don't know nearly enough about this as I want to.

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
Occupation
Construction superintendent
Has anyone tried any companies other than EOC? Like straight from MR Tuning. Recently inquired about tunes from EOC only to get smart ass replies.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Has anyone tried any companies other than EOC? Like straight from MR Tuning. Recently inquired about tunes from EOC only to get smart ass replies.

you have to be very direct with what you want and what you are requesting with them.

RoamingGladiator

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Diesel
Build Thread
Link
you have to be very direct with what you want and what you are requesting with them.
Agreed. Definitely slow but they've never been rude to me over the few years I've been dealing with them.

You can 100% order from MR Tuning, I know a few people who have and had a bit better experience from a Stage 1 perspective. They don't sell all the things you need for a Stage 2 though unlike EOC which has all the exhaust, EGR plates, etc.

Sponsored

rtjeepman

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Jeep Cherokee TH
Occupation
Respiratory Therapist
Is the stage one tune simply a PCM swap? Or is there more computer stuff that has to be done also? I mainly just want to turn off my EGR and stop hurting this amazing engine.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Is the stage one tune simply a PCM swap? Or is there more computer stuff that has to be done also? I mainly just want to turn off my EGR and stop hurting this amazing engine.

that's it but id recommend you do the trans tune as well

WVUSoldier217

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
That stinks, I really like the ability to turn the radiator fan on full blast when towing or crawling. Guessing that isnt an option with SOTF?

WVUSoldier217

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
FYI your ecu doesnt need to be cloned you can send in a blank one or previously flashes/used one.

EOC is a vendor for mrtuning mrtuning is the one doing all of the tuning on the ecu's. If you need anything "custom" outside of the normal box tune it can be.....difficult to get done. Also HP tuners has tuning softrware but no clearly spelled out methods to flashing.

On a 20hp EOC or level 1 tune (they are swithc on the fly) you will have little to no smoke or soot at wide open. On level 4 or the race tune it will haze out a highway. Not deep black soot but it does make some smoke.

Its amazing what can be done once these engines are un-neutered. They probably made amazing boat engines at 300+HP and 550ft lbs of torque with unlimited cooling (ocean or lake water) and no emissions :)
@californiajeeping Did you do anything custom? I would really like to be able to run the catch can and possibly be able to mimic the tazer live ability to turn the fan on when towing.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
That stinks, I really like the ability to turn the radiator fan on full blast when towing or crawling. Guessing that isnt an option with SOTF?
afaik the only option to have multiple tunes with either is separate tuned ECMs

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
EOC has SOTF available if you dont have adaptive cruse or a married tazer because SOTF uses the cruse control buttons.
Tazer uses the left side buttons on the steering wheel. So the SOTF uses the right side buttons. I don't see a conflict. Unless there is something in the SOTF programing. ????

WVUSoldier217

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Tazer uses the left side buttons on the steering wheel. So the SOTF uses the right side buttons. I don't see a conflict. Unless there is something in the SOTF programing. ????
Tazer live non-menu function use left and right side buttons. The only one I care about "Cool Down Mode" is right Arrow + Cruse Cancel which kicks fan on full speed.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
EOC has SOTF available if you dont have adaptive cruse or a married tazer because SOTF uses the cruse control buttons.
right I think I worded that wrong. They told me one 1 tune if you have adaptive cruise or use live functions. The only work around is a single tune on separate ECUs I sent in a spare blank ECU for the race tune and if I run into any issues summer wheeling heat wise ill send the original for a + 40hp and just swap them.

I have adaptive so im stuck either way

WVUSoldier217

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
right I think I worded that wrong. They told me one 1 tune if you have adaptive cruise or use live functions. The only work around is a single tune on separate ECUs I sent in a spare blank ECU for the race tune and if I run into any issues summer wheeling heat wise ill send the original for a + 40hp and just swap them.

I have adaptive so im stuck either way
one of the limitations to communicating online, I missed what you were saying. Thanks!
Sponsored