First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Defense Contractor
Anyone know of a kit or clean method to move the tank so fender liners fit?
Sponsored

Sponsored

Phil3333

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram2500
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Why do this?

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
Wouldn’t adding the inners add to the cooling issues of the 3.0 ?? I get the want of keeping stuff out of there but I’m not sure I would do it at the cost of reducing cooling capacity?

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
Wouldn’t adding the inners add to the cooling issues of the 3.0 ?? I get the want of keeping stuff out of there but I’m not sure I would do it at the cost of reducing cooling capacity?
I have been thinking about this and cooling. I know several on the market have vent or screen options that may actually help. Also (correct me if I a wrong) but maybe the aluminum would also help pull heat?

Sponsored

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
I think if anything this will add to the restriction of airflow. I live in ny so over temp is not generally a concern for me but I don’t think I personally will be doing any mods that will make ventilation worse. Not trying to shit on the idea of fender liners at all as would prefer the engine bay stay clean as well I just feel for the eco diesel that the gain in housekeeping my be less advantageous than keeping the airflow through the engine bay.

Unkle Luk

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD; 2013 JKR
Occupation
Construction Engineer
I think if anything this will add to the restriction of airflow. I live in ny so over temp is not generally a concern for me but I don’t think I personally will be doing any mods that will make ventilation worse. Not trying to shit on the idea of fender liners at all as would prefer the engine bay stay clean as well I just feel for the eco diesel that the gain in housekeeping my be less advantageous than keeping the airflow through the engine bay.
I can see where this would be a concern, but are aftermarket fender liners really restricting air flow more than the OEM plastic inner fender liners? They seem to be close to same shape, but maybe if they took up closer to engine it could be an issue with air flowing around the motor.

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
I can see where this would be a concern, but are aftermarket fender liners really restricting air flow more than the OEM plastic inner fender liners? They seem to be close to same shape, but maybe if they took up closer to engine it could be an issue with air flowing around the motor.
Most of the aftermarket I have seen look to increase the air flow over the factory.

Unkle Luk

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD; 2013 JKR
Occupation
Construction Engineer
Most of the aftermarket I have seen look to increase the air flow over the factory.
I was thinking the same thing, most seem to have some venting built in.
Sponsored