First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
Occupation
Project Manager/Fire Fighter/First Responder
Anyone willing to show me where you put your siren and light controller inside your jeep? In my JKU I put it under the armrest, but I had to butcher that thing to get it in there. I'd like to buy a new one the is smaller, but can't decide one which one. I'm really hesitant to start drilling and cutting on my brand new Mojave.
Sponsored

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
Anyone willing to show me where you put your siren and light controller inside your jeep? In my JKU I put it under the armrest, but I had to butcher that thing to get it in there. I'd like to buy a new one the is smaller, but can't decide one which one. I'm really hesitant to start drilling and cutting on my brand new Mojave.
Have you considered the handheld controllers where everything is on a microphone-type unit on a coiled cord that you can mount in a variety of places? That is what I am using. The control unit is mounted behind the back passenger seat in the spot where the Bluetooth speaker would go (I chose not to order that). If you have the speaker, you can consider the cubby behind the rear seat on the driver’s side. I have my radios mounted there, with control heads mounted on the dash. I avoid most drilling and cutting by using the existing holes and use a lot of two sided tape and glue on Velcro.

Lug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
Occupation
Project Manager/Fire Fighter/First Responder
Have you considered the handheld controllers where everything is on a microphone-type unit on a coiled cord that you can mount in a variety of places? That is what I am using. The control unit is mounted behind the back passenger seat in the spot where the Bluetooth speaker would go (I chose not to order that). If you have the speaker, you can consider the cubby behind the rear seat on the driver’s side. I have my radios mounted there, with control heads mounted on the dash. I avoid most drilling and cutting by using the existing holes and use a lot of two sided tape and glue on Velcro.
Yes that is definitely a consideration. Which one do you have and do you recommend it? I've looked at a few different ones.

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Yes that is definitely a consideration. Which one do you have and do you recommend it? I've looked at a few different ones.
I have the Strobes N More Shadow. I liked it because it was cheap. That said, the handheld unit seems sort of flimsy too. One thing to look at is how many light switches you need (this has four) and whether they can handle the power you need or will need additional relays. I cannot make a recommendation either way on this unit. It is installed and I have used it to control lights, but in my application, I might be using the siren one weekend a year, so I have never turned it on.

Weeitsmikelee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU, 2015 VW Golf R, 2015 HD XLN883
I thought I would bump this post with some information I just came across. Sound Off Signal makes a fitted, inside the windshield light bar for the JL/JT with or without the Adaptive Cruise Control. They make it as a part of their "off road" line with white and amber solid lights (https://mpowerlights.com/product/interior-led-lightbars/), but the same part number is available on the soundoff website as an emergency lightbar: https://soundoffsignal.com/product/nforce-interior-led-lightbar/. It looks suspiciously like the interior lightbar a certain offroad company is selling with their in house label for a similar price. I sent Soundoff a note and they confirmed that the bar can be ordered with any combination of lights, colors, etc. The thing is very pricy, but if you are OCD and want something that fits and limits light leakage, this could be the way to go. I will not be buying one any time soon due to the price, but I like the idea of a light bar that could have white for offroad and scene lighting and also have red warning lights in a very subtle package. What I am looking for next is a rear lightbar that will mount across the top of the rear glass on the hard top. I have seen a couple of possibilities, but none that I like. Most are too deep for that application. I might go with something like the mpower fascia light that is very shallow in depth, then mount them to an aluminum channel to run the wires to the side. I have to play with it still, but there might be enough room to tuck the wires behind the glass as it works its way down the side of the top. Drilling holes in the top is not high on my list, but that is also an option.
Perfect just what I’m looking for. Seems like the same mold as quadratec?

Sponsored

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I think so, but can't confirm it. I have seen in the comments from them that they only sell theirs in amber and clear.

Weeitsmikelee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes thanks either way. I emailed mpower for more info!

blackedoutboss

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JT
Occupation
EMT
I thought I would bump this post with some information I just came across. Sound Off Signal makes a fitted, inside the windshield light bar for the JL/JT with or without the Adaptive Cruise Control. They make it as a part of their "off road" line with white and amber solid lights (https://mpowerlights.com/product/interior-led-lightbars/), but the same part number is available on the soundoff website as an emergency lightbar: https://soundoffsignal.com/product/nforce-interior-led-lightbar/. It looks suspiciously like the interior lightbar a certain offroad company is selling with their in house label for a similar price. I sent Soundoff a note and they confirmed that the bar can be ordered with any combination of lights, colors, etc. The thing is very pricy, but if you are OCD and want something that fits and limits light leakage, this could be the way to go. I will not be buying one any time soon due to the price, but I like the idea of a light bar that could have white for offroad and scene lighting and also have red warning lights in a very subtle package. What I am looking for next is a rear lightbar that will mount across the top of the rear glass on the hard top. I have seen a couple of possibilities, but none that I like. Most are too deep for that application. I might go with something like the mpower fascia light that is very shallow in depth, then mount them to an aluminum channel to run the wires to the side. I have to play with it still, but there might be enough room to tuck the wires behind the glass as it works its way down the side of the top. Drilling holes in the top is not high on my list, but that is also an option.
any idea what the part number would be for the mounting hardware

Weeitsmikelee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ended up going a different route. Spoke to customer service and they didn’t seem to have a 2 piece available in blue lighting.
Sponsored