Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I would guess between $5k-$7k for that, pickups I have see are in that range.
Sponsored

DiverDaddy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Max Tow
Occupation
Electronics Tech
That is absolutely awesome!! Love It!! Congrats on a great looking rig!!

thetruth1983

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
I tear down doors for a living
Was your top the color matched top or the default black? I'm thinking about getting my default black top line x'd to red to match the truck if that's even possible.

Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I've driven my buddy's Kevlar painted JT. Perhaps there was a little heft, but overall, I wouldn't say I wouldn't too it because of the extra weight. Let's be honest, these things aren't Priuses, so a little loss in MPG isn't going to shock any of us.

I do know that he showed me where a trail boulder fell on his hood and there was a tiny mark. Without the Kevlar, he said it would have been a dent with noticeable paint loss.

Plus, he never needed to wash his truck...if so, he'd just hose it off :beer:

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I've driven my buddy's Kevlar painted JT. Perhaps there was a little heft, but overall, I wouldn't say I wouldn't too it because of the extra weight. Let's be honest, these things aren't Priuses, so a little loss in MPG isn't going to shock any of us.

I do know that he showed me where a trail boulder fell on his hood and there was a tiny mark. Without the Kevlar, he said it would have been a dent with noticeable paint loss.

Plus, he never needed to wash his truck...if so, he'd just hose it off :beer:
Now your talking my language. i know it is a jeep but I cannot.in good concious let the paint go

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
very nice.. I never understood why tgey never offered a factory version of this or at least a flat paint version of colors
If by flat you mean matte colors, those are quite a bit more expensive and take quite a bit of extra care as opposed to our nice shiny paints. I don't see matte paints lasting long or doing well on our truck

@OP I love the truck, this is exactly what I wanted to do to mine down to the color (I want OD green, maybe a little darker). I know a lot of people like the pinstriping as badge of honor bud I don't, I like a nice uniform surface. I'm assuming this was $7-8k.

Deleted member 30519

Love the l
If by flat you mean matte colors, those are quite a bit more expensive and take quite a bit of extra care as opposed to our nice shiny paints. I don't see matte paints lasting long or doing well on our truck

@OP I love the truck, this is exactly what I wanted to do to mine down to the color (I want OD green, maybe a little darker). I know a lot of people like the pinstriping as badge of honor bud I don't, I like a nice uniform surface. I'm assuming this was $7-8k.
Is that a tie rod u got underneath ? I thought it was dual stabilizer at first but then realized I couldnt see the tie rod.

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport

odd because military uses that and I dont think that decision is because it costs more

Sponsored

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
Mine had some really nice pinstripes too.
Jeep Gladiator Entire Gladiator Line-X Sprayed IMG_53031
New to jeeps, I do all my own mods for the most part.. mounting up the rear bed rock rail, I notice the underbody color of the bed looks to me very close to the Gobi color(which I wanted but could not get with 2021 diesel) I feel like fca is messing with me knowing Gobi was my 1st color choice! Seeing your "Gobi" pinstripes is awesome.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flat paint would be cheaper than either shiny with clear coat or bedliner
Then I assume you don't mean consumer level, normal car (show car/exotic sports car?) matte paint? If not then I have no idea what you're talking about. The rugged stuff on construction equipment and military are going to be more expensive than consumer matte paints.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love the l

Is that a tie rod u got underneath ? I thought it was dual stabilizer at first but then realized I couldnt see the tie rod.
I think you quoted the wrong post lol.