Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette
very nice.. I never understood why tgey never offered a factory version of this or at least a flat paint version of colors
The YJ in 92 was offered a flat/matte paint in 3 colors, IIRC. It didn't sell well but looked kinda neat. I don't know how it held up to pin stripes. I never saw one on the trail. Only saw a couple of them on the road. I'd love to know how they held up. I do remember that you could not wax them, at least with traditional wax. They had a textured surface.

They came in Sage Green, Sand, and Gunmetal. I never saw gunmetal, but did see Sage Green and Sand. It was interesting. You can't see much from it but here is a picture of Sand:

Jeep Gladiator Entire Gladiator Line-X Sprayed 1610974033450
Sponsored

Last edited:

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Love it. My buddy Rhino'ed his whole Land Cruiser. It was awesome. We attacked it with keys, knives, boots, etc., and couldn't put a scratch or dent in it.

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
odd because military uses that and I dont think that decision is because it costs more
Military uses "carc" paint. To the best of my knowledge, not available to the public and military must spray in special facilities due to toxic/hazardous spraying of carc.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Military uses "carc" paint. To the best of my knowledge, not available to the public and military must spray in special facilities due to toxic/hazardous spraying of carc.
And boy is it good stuff. Also as stated earlier, not going to be cheap. Military doesn't use stuff because it's cheap, they spend more because they need it to WORK.

Sponsored

Glad-inator

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
FishBone fenders
Hate to be a pain... but can you provide a link to those fenders. All I’m seeing is the inner fender.
Rig looks awesome! I’d love to go that route with mine... wonder if the wife would notice...

Moonshineheadache

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Great White Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey - I hate cans!
Vehicle Showcase
I really love the finished product. Too bad your rearview mirror is slightly tilted...total showstopper for me and I would scrap the whole thing!:CWL:

OP
OP

RickyBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Tech
May we ask what shop you went to? I was quoted $7 to $10k and all I want is the body. Mine is black so color match isn't a problem. Also how long did it take, I wouldn't mind taking a road trip and staying somewhere for a couple days.
It was done at Line-X of Tucson. The owner is Ray Ballesteros. He was great to work with. Sent me pictures of the progress as it was being done. It took 8 days to complete.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I like it! 20 years ago I had a CJ5 tub sprayed on the inside and it was a great upgrade on that old truck. This has got me thinking.

Pizziola29

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase
It was done at Line-X of Tucson. The owner is Ray Ballesteros. He was great to work with. Sent me pictures of the progress as it was being done. It took 8 days to complete.
Looks so good Rick.

Sponsored

CaptNkllm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
all of them look great!
Wondering if they can match the hydro blue.. wanted the flat clear body wrap but this is more durable for off road and I wouldn’t have to worry about trees or bushes..
Awesome guys.

frost

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
Occupation
Sales executive
Each Line-X is independently owned and operated and is free to set their own prices. Here is the breakdown of what I paid at my local Line-X.

Full body prep and spray = $3,900
Front Bumper = $175
Rear Bumper = $175
Color Match to Vehicle = $395
Color Liner & Top Coat = $450
Additional Labor = $150
Sales Tax = $374

Grand Total =$5,619.10

Jeep Gladiator Entire Gladiator Line-X Sprayed 20201222_105705
Are there any concerns about heat retention? Here in SoCal with the high temps I'm wondering if Line-X traps heat a bit more and cause it run hotter than it normally would?

Pizziola29

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase
Are there any concerns about heat retention? Here in SoCal with the high temps I'm wondering if Line-X traps heat a bit more and cause it run hotter than it normally would?
I will let @RickyBill answer for him but I live in SO cal, and this is my second JT with the Kevlar (i know different than line x) and the heat it does amazing. We overland in some hot places during the summers and last summer it did amazing and was not hot to the touch like my paint was .

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
what is the life span of the line-x spray? What happens if it fades or cracks in ten years? Can they just re-spray it?

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
what is the life span of the line-x spray? What happens if it fades or cracks in ten years? Can they just re-spray it?
From my understanding and reading the Line-X is a permanent solution that once applied isn't coming off by any practical means. While it may fade color wise I don't think it's supposed to crack. If it cracks you may have trouble with the metal on your truck, but assuming it is just the material that cracks you can probably just get a touch up, though that area would look different color wise. I know Kevlar eventually looks like a sickass molting bird as it starts to shred and come apart, but Line-X doesn't do that since it's bonded to the body.
Sponsored