First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT Sport S
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Love my Borla S-Type. It sounds awesome and no drone. I'd definitely buy it again
Sponsored

Jeepin' John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT Sport S
Occupation
Structural Engineer
While that will get you the clearance you are after the sound is not the same.

Obviously this is a V6 not a V8 so its never going to sound like one, but we are very passionate about releasing only the best, so if we are not in love with the sound we don't release the system.

The Gladiator system delivers a surprisingly deep rumble that I really enjoy (our shop truck is currently a gladiator so I have had the pleasure of driving it often.

This is coming from someone who once had a straight piped VQ (not on purpose, and I immediately regret my actions), and now has a V8 in that car instead. :fist bump:
Exactly. Some think a V8 is the only engine that sounds good, and that's all fine and dandy. But if you personally like the sound of a 6-cyl, the pentastar is actually a great-sounding one with some great exhaust systems from reputable companies, including your own.

And a VQ with a JIC Magic Ti single exhaust sounds wicked and clean for any engine of any number of cylinders

E70635E2-39FA-486F-9D98-F1E3EA540D85.jpeg

8DC95680-FA63-42C9-95E1-DA823388A357.jpeg

2765E5CF-5BC8-4D07-A1E4-25D2CD2F6EC9.jpeg

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Hello Everybody,
I am looking to do a CAT Back exhaust setup.
There are so many choices it starts to get confusing.
I like the Borla Dual set up but would like to know what mufflers everyone is running.
The Attack seems a little much. How does the touring sound?

I also lie the AWE dual but the 5" tips are a little over the top for me.
Do they offer a smaller tip?

Thanks Everybody.
Flowmaster 40 series or the one from Injen sound the best to me

Sara/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Ambassador of Stoke
Good Post.. very informative.. Have friend with AWE.. really sounds good-no drone.. I have B2 Fabrication and the DRONE at 2K-22K has me on the edge of spending $$ to replace and trash IT. AWE will be at some fall shows at Carlisle Pa.
I don't believe we have any fall Carlisle shows on the schedule, last one we will be in attendance is Corvettes at Carlisle until the spring.

Shoot me a DM, perhaps we can make something work for Corvettes at Carlisle if you are interested/available that weekend.

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just installed Corsa Sport on mine, solely due to my experiences with Corsa with my Z06's. Only have an initial 5-6 mile drive, but sounds good at idle, and cruise. Cant even hear it inside the cabin until you step on it. I only did one semi WOT run, and did sound a bit ricey, but it's a V6, so I was expecting that.
I have a Magnusson and was hoping it would accentuate the SC sound, but doesn't seem to.
Very well made unit tho.

Sponsored

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
I have the AWE Dual exhaust and I don’t think the tips are over the top at all. They actually are a near match for the width of the fender flares. The overall quality is top notch.

The sound is pretty freakin’ loud/aggressive under acceleration but I may just be getting old:). It’s mellow on start up and at idle and definitely no drone. I’ve freaked out a few bicyclists and pedestrians here and there.

F01B89DF-F6C6-437D-8063-9162ABE7CFDF.jpeg

A45764C5-4372-4143-AD1E-DF6C53BB0405.jpeg

svenbeard

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator MT
While there are a lot of options out there I ended up just having the suitcase (middle) muffler cut and replaced with a straight pipe. I had the shop leave the cylindrical resonator (front) and rear back baffle/resonator/muffler (rear).

Videos for reference:
Revs and Acceleration

Jeep Gladiator Suitcase Muffler Delete

It's no V8 but I haven't been bothered by the sound. You hear it on acceleration and once you get up to speed you don't (besides a very very slight rumble that's usually drowned out by road/tire/wind/radio noise) - drone is non-existent to my ears. For $60 I thought this experiment was worth trying.

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
While there are a lot of options out there I ended up just having the suitcase (middle) muffler cut and replaced with a straight pipe. I had the shop leave the cylindrical resonator (front) and rear back baffle/resonator/muffler (rear).

Videos for reference:
Revs and Acceleration

It's no V8 but I haven't been bothered by the sound. You hear it on acceleration and once you get up to speed you don't (besides a very very slight rumble that's usually drowned out by road/tire/wind/radio noise) - drone is non-existent to my ears. For $60 I thought this experiment was worth trying.
Thanks for posting those. I'm going to likely try this first and see if it's loud enough (especially to hear the motor easier when letting the clutch out from a stop, or generally getting on it).

Did you have the straight pipe welded or clamped on?

svenbeard

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator MT
Thanks for posting those. I'm going to likely try this first and see if it's loud enough (especially to hear the motor easier when letting the clutch out from a stop, or generally getting on it).

Did you have the straight pipe welded or clamped on?
No problem! I think it'll make the motor easier to hear. There's a lot more sound on acceleration but it drops off steadily as you get up to speed. Mine is welded on. The local exhaust shop did everything for $60.

Sponsored

Fpolanco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave

Videos for reference:
Revs and Acceleration

love this!!

My apologies if this has been asked already or if I missed it. Have you had any problems with passing emissions or any check engine lights coming on?

svenbeard

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator MT
love this!!

My apologies if this has been asked already or if I missed it. Have you had any problems with passing emissions or any check engine lights coming on?
I don't have to do emissions testing in Alabama but I wouldn't see it causing that problem as I didn't remove any type of catalytic converter in the process.

As for the second part of your question, no, no check engine light has come on and I've driven over 2,000 miles with this setup now. Still sounds like the day it was done and I'm still happy with the decision to give a little more growl to the engine.

MemphisMississipp

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport Max Tow Pkg Gobi
Occupation
Retired Fed X truck driver
Hello Everybody,
I am looking to do a CAT Back exhaust setup.
There are so many choices it starts to get confusing.
I like the Borla Dual set up but would like to know what mufflers everyone is running.
The Attack seems a little much. How does the touring sound?

I also lie the AWE dual but the 5" tips are a little over the top for me.
Do they offer a smaller tip?

Thanks Everybody.
Installed Flowmaster outlaw extreme yesterday. Took about 30 pounds off the original. Plus it’s tucked up nice and tight. Cut off the original your looking about an hour and half. Very loud when you mash on it, good throaty note down low.
Sponsored