First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
USAF Firefighter
I haven’t done much looking tbh. Where is the BCM located? And I can start investigating some too.

flipmode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland
I was messing around with JScan today and this is what it showed in the activation of the rear fog light.

2233CEA3-B041-4B82-83BB-5479DC9E29DF.jpeg
Thanks for this, I didn't notice the additional feed in plug E. The diagrams confirm both E39 (plug C6) and F5 (plug C5).

Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator 1609974984223

Does anyone know the manufacturer for these plug parts? I was assuming Molex makes them but I'm having a hard time locating their part numbers.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
So good news and bad news. Good news is my tail lights finally showed up. Bad news is I messed up and ordered export tail lights without the blind spot. I mixed up the numbers when I ordered them and didn’t notice. I’m hoping I can figure a way to transfer the blind spot modules over to them.
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator 4C6C9367-4E6D-4AE8-BE23-5FD779B906E3
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator AD990DA1-AAED-460E-AF07-F07768FA7FFA
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator F0442C80-6DF6-474A-B62C-651AF2029BEF

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S, '17 Camaro SS, '10 BMW 328
Build Thread
Link
good news! I was down there wiring my AUX kit yesterday and have been following this thread for a bit now. So from the BCM, we do have pin 5 on C6/F and pin 39 on C5/E. I have a sport S so I assume all models will have the pins.

Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator c6F
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator C539

Sponsored

Jimmij

First Name
Jimmij
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator overland, 2004 Honda s2000
So that means that they should just be plug and play?

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So that means that they should just be plug and play?
I mean there's more to it. Those pins just give us hope that we can use the fog light switch on the dash to control the rears as JTRUBI has shown. (once enabled by jscan)You still need to wire all the way from the BCM to the rear fogs yourself.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
So I tested out the light. So without any rewiring they will work as a brake and turn signal in only the upper portion of the tail light. The Amber I still need to figure out how to get that one to work.
These light will be forsale shortly since I ordered the ones and these are not the ones with the Blind spot and I won’t be able to swap it over.
But already love how they look.
lit was -10 today so I had to find a parking garage to just test fit and do them. The lack of having anywhere to work on my truck, besides being out doors and my work schedule is being a consistent delay on progressing all all these export projects. But rest assured I will get them all wired up and working like OEM.
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator 1BAADFF1-9D62-4EB9-8AA3-862392EFAB17
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator 5F05A5AB-C610-4E4E-9A4E-6C4A0ACE8F2C
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator 4FBE553E-6305-4A98-BABA-CCE8CDE90821

Last edited:

Jimmij

First Name
Jimmij
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator overland, 2004 Honda s2000
You are getting closer. Can’t wait to see what is needed to make them work. They look so much better than the us version

flipmode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland
good news! I was down there wiring my AUX kit yesterday and have been following this thread for a bit now. So from the BCM, we do have pin 5 on C6/F and pin 39 on C5/E. I have a sport S so I assume all models will have the pins.

Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator 4FBE553E-6305-4A98-BABA-CCE8CDE90821
This is good news! thanks so much for the photos,

Did you happen to notice if the wiring harness and plug had wires in those positions on your Sport JT, leading away from the BCM? or were those positions blank on the harness going into those plugs?

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
And a couple pics with the brakes on so you can see the difference.
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator 52561F81-2909-4386-AB27-45284CB39B23
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator FA385596-55E5-4417-BE46-275EE17429CE

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
This is good news! thanks so much for the photos,

Did you happen to notice if the wiring harness and plug had wires in those positions on your Sport JT, leading away from the BCM? or were those positions blank on the harness going into those plugs?
Negative, the Harness does not have the pins for these 2 spots.

And a couple pics with the brakes on so you can see the difference.
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator FA385596-55E5-4417-BE46-275EE17429CE
Looking good! I need to take my regular tails out to check the harness but I think we need to focus on pin3 coming from the taillight (WH/YE). This is just a complete guess at this point until I look at the harness FYI. So with the EURO tails, pin1 (GR) goes from being "RIGHT STOP/TURN FEED" to just "RIGHT STOP LAMP DRIVER". On C6/F, pin 42 (WH/YE) is the RIGHT REAR TURN LAMP. again, just thinking out loud while I look at diagrams.

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
These instructions are only if you have the white/orange pin in pin3 on the body harness that connects to the taillights. this is currently a theory, would need to actually test.

So I checked out the wiring and my harness. It comes down to getting pin3 on the taillight wired to the BCM. This is a shortcut so you can skip wiring all the way under the jeep from the taillight to the BCM for the turn signal.

You guys will have to check your body harness (coming from body to taillight) I have a sport S which had the halogen tails. So from the body to the taillight I have a wire in pin2. Since upgrading to LED, pin2 is no longer used bc you lose that stupid bright side marker the halogens have **** bc the halogens and LEDs are wired differently - you still have the side marker, just pin4 on LEDs now**** So in my case (and if you guys have this pin) you can remove pin2 on that body harness and repin it into pin3. (pin3 on the taillight is "REAR TURN LAMP DRIVER") From there you will need to do some moving around in the BCM as follows which is the shitty part because C1 sucks.

LEFT TAIL:
Take out pin 10 on BCM C1/A
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator c1a.PNG

Put that pin into BCM C5/E pin 3
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator c5ea.PNG

RIGHT TAIL:
Take out pin 5 on BCM C4/D
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator c4d.PNG

Put that pin into BCM C6/F pin 42
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator c6fa.PNG

** The fact that pin3 and pin42 show 2 connections tells me that US models will have no wire from the harness side. The good news is that from my previous pictures in above posts, you can see that both those pins are there coming FROM the BCM.

Halogen tail with white/orange that controls the side marker
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator halogen

for reference - this is the halogen side marker
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator IMG_8203

This is the halogen harness. Notice the white/orange in pin2 and the blank in pin3
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator IMG_8204

This is the LED taillight - notice how pin2 goes missing and pin3 comes into play.
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator IMG_8198

This is from the body to the tail (colors switch between harness's - dont focus on colors) but notice how we have a pin2 but no pin 3. Again Pin3 is needed for euro turn signal. No US body harnesses are going to have this wire.
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator pin2pin3

Last edited:
OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
These instructions are only if you have the white/orange pin in pin3 on the body harness that connects to the taillights. this is currently a theory, would need to actually test.

So I checked out the wiring and my harness. It comes down to getting pin3 on the taillight wired to the BCM. This is a shortcut so you can skip wiring all the way under the jeep from the taillight to the BCM for the turn signal.

You guys will have to check your body harness (coming from body to taillight) I have a sport S which had the halogen tails. So from the body to the taillight I have a wire in pin2. Since upgrading to LED, pin2 is no longer used bc you lose that stupid bright side marker the halogens have. So in my case (and if you guys have this pin) you can remove pin2 on that body harness and repin it into pin3. (pin3 on the taillight is "REAR TURN LAMP DRIVER") From there you will need to do some moving around in the BCM as follows which is the shitty part because C1 sucks.

LEFT TAIL:
c1a.PNG

c5ea.PNG

RIGHT TAIL:
c4d.PNG

c6fa.PNG

** The fact that pin3 and pin42 show 2 connections tells me that US models will have no wire from the harness side. The good news is that from my previous pictures in above posts, you can see that both those pins are there coming FROM the BCM.

halogen.jpg

IMG_8203.jpg

This is the halogen harness. Notice the white/orange in pin2 and the blank in pin3
IMG_8204.jpg

This is the LED taillight - notice how pin2 goes missing and pin3 comes into play.
IMG_8198.jpg

This is from the body to the tail (colors switch between harness's - dont focus on colors) but notice how we have a pin2 but no pin 3. Again Pin3 is needed for euro turn signal. No US body harnesses are going to have this wire.
pin2pin3.jpg

You guys will have to check your body harness (coming from body to taillight) I have a sport S which had the halogen tails. So from the body to the taillight I have a wire in pin2. Since upgrading to LED, pin2 is no longer used bc you lose that stupid bright side marker the halogens have. So in my case (and if you guys have this pin) you can remove pin2 on that body harness and repin it into pin3. (pin3 on the taillight is "REAR TURN LAMP DRIVER") From there you will need to do some moving around in the BCM as follows which is the shitty part because C1 sucks.

LEFT TAIL:
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator c1a.PNG

Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator c5ea.PNG

RIGHT TAIL:
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator c4d.PNG

Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator c6fa.PNG

Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator halogen

Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator IMG_8203

Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator IMG_8204

Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator IMG_8198

Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator pin2pin3
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator D00A892B-E6E9-46A2-8FF7-B9E3A806B1A2
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator 96488BBA-0E18-4665-BBDB-257A1E396BED
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator A463B824-86B2-45B9-9993-41A69FAC62DA

So the LEDs do have a side marker indicator on them. I found these, that might help.

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
D00A892B-E6E9-46A2-8FF7-B9E3A806B1A2.jpeg
96488BBA-0E18-4665-BBDB-257A1E396BED.jpeg
A463B824-86B2-45B9-9993-41A69FAC62DA.jpeg

So the LEDs do have a side marker indicator on them. I found these, that might help.
I was thinking the same but figured it out. So most of these wiring charts show multiple models and multiple country specs. I'm pretty sure most countries outside of US don't get halogens models thus showing no connect on pin2 for the "export" row.

Either way, scroll up and look at my 4th pic and even your pictures from last night that show we don't have a pin2 in LEDs.

Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator export.PNG

Edit* - also found another diagram that shows pin 3 being strictly for export whether it be base or premium

Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator 1610333154495
Sponsored

Last edited: