First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I did. I have about 25' that I wrapped to match the factory harness and then ran it up passenger side frame rail up into the engine compartment, connecting it to the aux 3 wire. The ground I terminated right above the spare tire at a grounding point.
Thanks.
If I can’t make this work like Oem then that’s the route I’m going to be going.
I just don’t want to have to change the entire harness in the vehicle just to get two lights to work.
Sponsored

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
Pictures of it are on page 2. The hood is shaped differently and it is a steel hood for pedestrian collision laws outside of North America.
Hmmm...for once I think I like the N/A version better. Euro is cool, but so is ours.

Psycho Squirrel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 White Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, '14 Black Grand Cherokee Limited, '63 Blue Corvair Monza,
Does anyone have photos of the euro spec tail lights?

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
There's a mounting adaptor listed for the export LED taillights. I don't remember seeing any adaptor when I upgraded to the NA LED taillights. The export weren't yet available to order back in March when I was adding the rear fogs, but I'm looking at them for a future upgrade. I do know my Tazer has the option to toggle on export taillights, so hoping it's a quick plug and play. I may pull one of them, look at the harness and the current unit, and see if there's an extra wire for the separate export turn signal.

Screenshot_20201025-134152.png

IMG_20200622_172424.jpg

IMG_20200622_174815.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’ve been trying to get someone with an export Gladiator to take a twilight off and get some pics for me so I’m not in the same situation as I am with the rear fog lights and mirrors. But haven’t had luck yet.

I need to get a day off to get the mirror marker lights working and the rear foglamps working as well.

There's a mounting adaptor listed for the export LED taillights. I don't remember seeing any adaptor when I upgraded to the NA LED taillights. The export weren't yet available to order back in March when I was adding the rear fogs, but I'm looking at them for a future upgrade. I do know my Tazer has the option to toggle on export taillights, so hoping it's a quick plug and play. I may pull one of them, look at the harness and the current unit, and see if there's an extra wire for the separate export turn signal.

Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator IMG_20200622_174815

Jeepman_94

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been trying to get someone with an export Gladiator to take a twilight off and get some pics for me so I’m not in the same situation as I am with the rear fog lights and mirrors. But haven’t had luck yet.

I need to get a day off to get the mirror marker lights working and the rear foglamps working as well.
I have the incandescent euro spec taillamps. Unfortunately they are not plug and play at least for these. There is an extra wire for the turn signal in the lamp plug. A separate wire has to be ran for the left and right turn signals. I have not installed mine yet just looked around at my wiring options. I also have the rear fog lamps installed running off the AUX switch. I have the new headlight switch with the rear fog lamp switch but have not installed it yet. It looks like a wire will have to be ran and a pin added to the plug that goes in the back of the headlight switch. I also have the euro spec mirrors as well. I have 2 sets of jumpers for the doors. I have not installed them yet either. From looking around there may need to be a wire ran that connects to the door harness in the footwell plug that is disconnected when taking the doors off. So a pin will probably need to be added to the plug for the driver and passenger side for the mirror. This is what I have found so far.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
ah thanks, that is what I was thinking would be the issue. It seems like the entire harness is different.

I have the incandescent euro spec taillamps. Unfortunately they are not plug and play at least for these. There is an extra wire for the turn signal in the lamp plug. A separate wire has to be ran for the left and right turn signals. I have not installed mine yet just looked around at my wiring options. I also have the rear fog lamps installed running off the AUX switch. I have the new headlight switch with the rear fog lamp switch but have not installed it yet. It looks like a wire will have to be ran and a pin added to the plug that goes in the back of the headlight switch. I also have the euro spec mirrors as well. I have 2 sets of jumpers for the doors. I have not installed them yet either. From looking around there may need to be a wire ran that connects to the door harness in the footwell plug that is disconnected when taking the doors off. So a pin will probably need to be added to the plug for the driver and passenger side for the mirror. This is what I have found so far.

Jeepman_94

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @JTRUBI ,

1603777010186.png

Does this repeater lens have a part number stamped on it?
This is the part number I found for the left and right signal lamp 68361957AA. However you need a jumper to connect it. I have not fount a part number for the jumper. Not sure how the lamp ties into the mirror. Not sure if you will have to cut out the area or if there is a blank plate in the mirror you can just remove some how.
Hey @JTRUBI ,

Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator 1603777010186

Does this repeater lens have a part number stamped on it?
This is the the part number I found for the left and right mirror turn lamp 68361957AA. However you need a jumper to connect it. I have not been able to find a part number for the the jumper. I am not sure how the lamp ties into the mirror housing. Not sure if you will have to cut the area out or if there is a blank plate that you remove some how. Not sure how much this helps you.

Sponsored

RedRaptorJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Launch Edition
@Jeepman_94

Do you know the part number just for the glass portion of the export mirror unit? I'm only interested in swapping out the NA glass with the wider convex Export glass (if its possible).

Jeepman_94

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
@Jeepman_94

Do you know the part number just for the glass portion of the export mirror unit? I'm only interested in swapping out the NA glass with the wider convex Export glass (if its possible).
This is what I have found:

Left Side:
68361977AB
68361973AB
68361975AB
68361979AB

Right Side:
68361972AB
68361974AB

You will have to plug the numbers in to see which ones work for you if you have blind spot and so on.

YAABUGGN

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500, 2001 Audi TT
Occupation
Aeronautical Radio Operator
I did. I have about 25' that I wrapped to match the factory harness and then ran it up passenger side frame rail up into the engine compartment, connecting it to the aux 3 wire. The ground I terminated right above the spare tire at a grounding point.
I have the rear fogs.. I see what you did for the wiring, but what I can't figure out is what did you do to plug into the rear fog unit? Did you have to buy a pigtail plug/kit and wire from that? (If so, do you have the Part Number?)

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
I have the rear fogs.. I see what you did for the wiring, but what I can't figure out is what did you do to plug into the rear fog unit? Did you have to buy a pigtail plug/kit and wire from that? (If so, do you have the Part Number?)
I bought two plugs, spent about $80 for them, and bought a standard bumper wiring harness to use as a mock up if I found the wires in the main harness. If I were to do it again, I'd just buy the rear license plate harness $24, splice in the extra length on the right and left side and save money as they're the right plug, just with a 90° bend in the plug. Let me check my post and I'll update the part number.

Edit: rear license plate harness part number 68349976AC
Sponsored

Last edited: