Sponsored

Factory Spray In Bed liner no longer available???

Maynard24

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Performer
I ordered mine from Gupton as well early Dec., and they told me the same as well (still waiting on delivery). I'm thinking of going with Line X as well. I'm thinking about getting the bed rails later, has anyone had problems with the bed rail holes being filled after spray in liner?
Sponsored

OP
OP
AEsco48

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
Im being told by a dealer that the other trims are still being allowed to be ordered with the liner, its just the Rubicon thats now allowing it... Interesting

RedBearon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Awesome, thx!
Do you recall if they removed the bed rail/cargo rails for the spray?
Trail rails: Yes
Bed rail (as in the plastic rails that run along the top of each side): No due to fitment issues of rails after adding the thickness of the Line-X

They spray "up to the bed rails" on the sides and on top of the back rail, allow the product to short-term cure, then re-install the Trail Rails.
I haven't had to remove them yet bet he assured me I wouldn't have an issue.

All holes that need to be used were taped up and are still accessible.

I was concerned that he said he was going to spray over the plastic plugs on the bottom and closest to the cab panel, but he told me they wouldn't stay in place if he sprayed it while they were removed, assured they aren't used for anything but access to wiring during the assembly process, and would not be needed, even for bed removal later down the line.

My research later confirmed this, so I'm happy I trusted him.

They also remove all the access panels on the tailgate, spray them individually (excluding the bolts), and reassemble everything.

It's a very thorough process and I've been very happy with the results.
No claw marks or taco sauce stains.

tempImageUTEifj.png

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I ordered mine from Gupton as well early Dec., and they told me the same as well (still waiting on delivery). I'm thinking of going with Line X as well. I'm thinking about getting the bed rails later, has anyone had problems with the bed rail holes being filled after spray in liner?

Fill the all the bolt holes with grease before you take it to your Line X installer, use a M6 (trail rail) and M8 (front lower tie down) thread chaser (not a tap) to clean out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AEsco48

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
Yeah it is so stupid.
FCA sold 1.8+ million vehicles in 2020, the majority of the color choices are metallic, the $245 charge would have brought in over $400,000,000 in revenue...

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I expected at least the regular colors like red, white, blue, and black to be no cost while the metallics gets an upcharge which is what other car manufacturers do.

fyrefight

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiaor Willys Snazzberry
Occupation
Utility Operator
No idea on factory status, but I have the OEM bedliner on my 20 JTR.

Having had Rhino and Line-X on other projects, I’d say the OEM liner is “ok”.

But if I were you I would go with aftermarket Line-X.

I second that. Line-x is harder and tougher. I've had both and IMHO it beats Rhino hands down.

Sponsored

fyrefight

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiaor Willys Snazzberry
Occupation
Utility Operator
My dealer just used Line-X but when I priced it, it was $100 cheaper to get it done through my local Line X

Jeep Gladiator Factory Spray In Bed liner no longer available??? tempImageUTEifj
Just had my JT sprayed with Line-X at $500. A friend went through the dealer and all they did was farm it out for install for $475. IMO mine looks better.

Bumpy Ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I ordered in SoCal on 10/22. At that time, the Bedliner was "restricted" or non-orderable. So I said cool... i'll just simply do it afterwards. I took delivery of my Jeep exactly 6 weeks after ordering and paid much less on my Bullet Liner! Other's that have ordered before me were still waiting for delivery of their JT's. From the sounds of it, two items were causing delays in build... Spray in Bedliner and Body Match Top.

Just get it done afterwards.. much better quality, I think.

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I’m trying to order my JT Rubicon in Salt Lake City today. I put my money down but today they say they cannot order the bedliner. Today is Friday. Last Tuesday another dealership had no problem with it so this seems to be an on again, off again development.
I called the local Line-X dealer who says he is now a Bullet dealer instead.

He said a Gladiator with the rail system, lights, and 110 outlet makes for a pretty labor-intensive job. Does anyone have experience with Bullet?

Of course, FCA says “please contact your local dealer“ which is the most ridiculous response I can think of. It’s the same thing they said when trying to get a straight answer with the trailer brake controller which took 2 1/2 years to even exist.

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
As for now, you cannot order a Rubicon diesel with the spray in bedliner. Gas version is no problem. Jeep refuses to say why.

so I’ve ordered and I will be forced with an aftermarket bedliner.

i’ve seen several YouTube’s where they remove the rail system, outlet, Tiedowns, and most importantly, the light. All of the local shops I’m talking to in Salt Lake City are saying they will only mask around the light.

what am I missing?

is it particularly difficult to remove the light?

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I think several have had their lights broken when places removed them to spray in the liner
Sponsored