Finally fixed rear sway bar squeak for real

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
Should have done this years ago! Suspension back to quiet as the day I got it new.
Removed each rear tire. Removed lower sway bar nut. Pull boot out (may have to lower jack because jacking outs torque on it) Wiggle, bend sharply, and swivel the upper rubber connection as far as you can in every direction while spraying with white lithium out of the red tube on the Spray can. Spray front and back cracks that you create by bending it. You will have to move it around for 60-90 seconds until you don't hear any squeak whatsoever. Really get in the crack by prying it far back and forth. Eventually it will go totally silent. Will take more than a quick second. Repeat other side.
I'm soooo happy. It's been squeaking and clunking (one was loose) since the fall.
Cheers
Sponsored

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Great you found that! My quick temporary fix is to go to the car wash and get it all wet underneath. All the squeaks are gone for the day. If I’m feeling really ambitious, I’ll roll around under there with a can of industrial silicone and spray everything that’s rubber. Squeaks are gone for a good while. My 21 JTR is at 86k kms so I’d expect some squeaks here and there but I still very much enjoy my ride and my sweet red head loves driving it too.
Sponsored